Overlay and Character

Heyy EpiCommunity! :two_hearts:

I’m having some trouble with my character and overlay. My character is entering from the left with spot behind a door frame overlay, after she enters I need her to step over the overlay and be in front of it. When I preview my story it doesn’t work the way I want it. She walks overtop of the overlay, I want her to walk behind the overlay then stop for a moment, then step over the overlay and be in front of it.

How can I fix this problem? :thinking:

1 Like

Can you show your script? I’ve done a similar thing with a train car, so I can compare it to mine!

But basically if the overlay is at layer 1 for example, you’ll have to start with your character at layer 0 and then move them to layer 2.

2 Likes

My character starts at layer -5 after she gets to her stopping point and starts to walk over the overlay she’s at layer 0.

Thank you so much for replying, and sorry for the late reply!

1 Like

So I just realized one of my layers was one, also, is there anyway I could make her look like she’s stepping over the overlay? Instead of walking across it.

1 Like

Do you have a walking command for your character? You could try something like:

@CHARACTER walks to spot xyz in T then CHARACTER moves to layer X and CHARACTER walks to spot xyz in T

2 Likes

Yes I have that but she still looks like she came to her spot then walks across the overlay. I wish I could show you the script with a video, but it won’t upload on here.

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m not sure what you’re looking for exactly, but you could try something like this:

@CHARACTER walks to spot xyz in T
&CHARACTER moves to layer X
@pause for T
@CHARACTER walks to spot xyz in T

2 Likes

Thank you for being so helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m gonna try that!

2 Likes