Overlay and command

I can’t figure out what’s wrong with this it say the command with my overlay and CHARACTER that I want to walk is wrong someone help me please I’m stack

@zoom on 98 568 to 125% in 0
@transition fade out black in 3
INT. MONITOR ROOM - DAY with MONITORROOMCHAIR2 in zone 1 at layer 2 with MONITORROOMCHAIR3 in zone 1 at layer 3 with MONITORROOMCHAIR1 in zone 1 at layer 6 with 2HoursLater to 1.000 -14 55 in zone 1 at layer 8
&JAX spot 0.704 142 303 in zone 1 at layer 4 THEN JAX faces right AND JAX starts talk_read_phone_neutral_loop
@VAMPIRE1 spot 0.668 228 308 in zone 1 at layer 5 THEN VAMPIRE1 faces left AND VAMPIRE1 starts write_takenotes_neutral
@add Notepad White Lined to VAMPIRE1

&overlay 2HoursLater opacity 0 in 1

#beat end
#beat starts
@pause for a beat
#beat end
#beat starts

@TAYLOR walks to spot 0.695 95 331 in 3 at layer 7 THEN TAYLOR faces right

you’ve coded each of your layer commands wrong. when you want a character to move layers this is how it would be coded:

@TAYLOR walks to spot 0.695 95 331 in 3 and TAYLOR moves to layer 7 THEN TAYLOR faces right

change all the lines that you put that layer command for and everything should work (:

1 Like

What she said above. The only time you can use the “at layer” is with the overlays written with the background like you have.

1 Like

Yay! it work thank you so much. Ahhmm? What about the overlay? It supposed to fade out but its not working?

1 Like

no problem! and maybe try changing the opacity timing to a higher number like 3?

1 Like

also i would change the & sign to an @ sign

1 Like

still not working maybe I’ll change it to narrator speech bubble I don’t really get it haha I did fine with other overlay and this one really getting on my nerves.

BTW Thank you so much for your help <3

Thank you so much <3

1 Like

hm, i just realized you don’t have the overlay name capitalized next to the background and the opacity command.

all overlays have to be capitalized just like names in order for the commands to work lol, i overlooked that the first time.

change it to:

with 2HOURSLATER to 1.000 -14 55 in zone 1 at layer 8

in the background name, and

&overlay 2HOURSLATER opacity 0 in 1

for the opacity command (:

2 Likes

Good luck with your story!

1 Like

Oh right omg how come I forget and didn’t notice that thank so much.

1 Like

And I fixed it yay!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

no problem! :blob_hearts: