Overlay approval very slow!

Hi! I’ve been waiting for some overlays to be approved for longer than a week now. Is there a reason or a delay? I’ve tried being patient, but I’m curious. Anything I’m not aware of?

6 Likes

It takes time to review thousands of overlays. Are you in a rush to publish?

7 Likes

I think it is just taking a while because there are housands of overlays being uploaded. I put 2 backgrounds and an overlay up 5 days ago and they got approved today. It just depends on how many they have to approve/decline.

7 Likes

My overlays took up to a week to be approved. They probably have a lot of overlays or backgrounds to review tbh. My fave author didn’t publish today bc of this reason, so no need to worry. :grin:

6 Likes

It once took two weeks for me to get five overlays approved. :woman_shrugging: I hate having errors, but I wasn’t in any rush to get it published.

5 Likes

I’m not in a rush, I was just wondering

1 Like

The people who work at Episode have a lot of work to do, approving thousands, and thousands of peoples backgrounds and overlays, so it may take a lot of time.

I posted my cover, it took a few weeks and they approved it.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed that during summer months it takes longer for overlays and backgrounds to be approved. This is either because the episode staff are on holiday at times so can’t approve them or a lot of people are out of education at this time and can take more time to spend writing.

10 Likes

Thanks a lot! I forgot about that

2 Likes

Their approval time always varies. I remember last year they got a lot of backlash because they took so long to approve everything for a long while but they were just getting so many new overlays/backgrounds and working on so many projects at the same time. So it always varies on the amount of demands they get. Sometimes you’ll have to wait two days and sometimes two weeks, you just have to wait…

5 Likes

It’s all manual review, and the image team works very hard to get through thousands of images every week. Your overlay should be approved soon, your patience is appreciated. :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Thank you! You can close this thread! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m not a forum mod, just a friendly story reviewer. This is something we’ll have to summon @nick for :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Admin Nick here :wink: It all depends on the time of year, season, amount of user’s who are in school in comparison to those who are off on vacation and hard at work writing/coding/uploading, the temperature outside, the amount of active image reviewers at any moment, the circumference of the moon, etc.

Taking all of that into account the team tries there best to get the images approved asap but as you can see it can take some time. Sorry for any hold up :sad_panda: :v:

10 Likes

It’s ok! Thank you so much for the help! You can close this thread! :grin:

3 Likes

Closed: Requested by op @Prityat Thanks for the heads up regarding this :v: