Overlay being approved question

If an overlay is not approved yet, can you still use it in your script and adjust it? If so, how? I’ve tried it and I wasn’t able to see my overlay and I got an error. I want to continue my story now, instead of waiting for the overlay to be approved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, you can! You’ll only be unable to work with an overlay if it gets rejected.

Could you share your script with us?

2 Likes

Sure give me a minute! I’ll need to re write it because I ended up deleting it because it had an error! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, that’s fine.
If it’s the error saying that your overlay is still in review – that’s totally normal and absolutely nothing to worry about, but as for not being able to see the overlay, it could be one of these reasons:

• It’s a glitch. Sometimes glitches happen, especially as of late where authors cannot see their overlays.
  • Using the episode INT. BLACK backgrounds can cause issues.
  • They’ve used the create command for the overlay but did not change its opacity to 1, so it appears invisible but is actually there.
  • They overlay is so huge that all you can see is a transparent section of it. Overlays like this need to be scaled down quite a lot if you want to see them.
  • There’s a typo or incorrect code somewhere.
3 Likes

Thank you for the tips! I got my overlay to show up!! :blush:

2 Likes

No problem and that’s great! (:

3 Likes

Lol the huge overlay gets me everytime

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.