If an overlay is not approved yet, can you still use it in your script and adjust it? If so, how? I’ve tried it and I wasn’t able to see my overlay and I got an error. I want to continue my story now, instead of waiting for the overlay to be approved.
Yes, you can! You’ll only be unable to work with an overlay if it gets rejected.
Could you share your script with us?
Sure give me a minute! I’ll need to re write it because I ended up deleting it because it had an error!
Okay, that’s fine.
If it’s the error saying that your overlay is still in review – that’s totally normal and absolutely nothing to worry about, but as for not being able to see the overlay, it could be one of these reasons:
- It’s a glitch. Sometimes glitches happen, especially as of late where authors cannot see their overlays.
- Using the episode INT. BLACK backgrounds can cause issues.
- They’ve used the create command for the overlay but did not change its opacity to 1, so it appears invisible but is actually there.
- They overlay is so huge that all you can see is a transparent section of it. Overlays like this need to be scaled down quite a lot if you want to see them.
- There’s a typo or incorrect code somewhere.
Thank you for the tips! I got my overlay to show up!!
No problem and that’s great! (:
Lol the huge overlay gets me everytime