Overlay Command Doesn't Exist?

Hey guys, I was just writing on my script and then I got a warning. It said that the overlay commands didn’t exist. Here’s my script:

@overlay KIND AND NASTY create
@overlay 6596075627544576_KIND AND NASTY shifts to 13 171
@overlay 6596075627544576_KIND AND NASTY scales to 0.910 0.910
@overlay KIND AND NASTY opacity 1 in 1.5

The warnings were:
@overlay KIND AND NASTY create is not a valid directing command.”

@overlay 6596075627544576_KIND AND NASTY shifts to 13 171 is not a valid directing command.”

@overlay 6596075627544576_KIND AND NASTY scales to 0.910 0.910 is not a valid directing command.”

@overlay KIND AND NASTY opacity 1 in 1.5 is not a valid directing command.”

Can someone please show me a solution to this? The " KIND AND NASTY " overlay does exist by the way. I have no idea how and why this happened. I just copied and pasted an overlay setting and replaced the names. Please help.

1 Like

what about something like this ? INT. FLOWER - DAY with KIND AND NASTY

You’ll have to upload the overlay again without the word AND in it as the script sees this as a command. Try calling it KIND_NASTY or something without any command words or symbols in it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please check this out! It will help you alot.

Oh, it includes the word AND as a command? Well, i’m gonna change it and see if it works. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for sharing this with me. I’ll definitely use this someday.

1 Like

Well, I am making an intro so I’m afraid I can’t use this.

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.