'Overlay Create' Doesn't Work *SOLVED*

Solution comes from @amurph - thank you so much!

Amurph says to code a shift and scale along with opacity. Here is the example given:
@overlay DARK_EDGES create
@overlay DARK_EDGES shifts to -36 156 in zone 2
@overlay DARK_EDGES scales to .623 .623
@overlay DARK_EDGES opacity 1

Original Post:

Summary

Hey, all.

I’ve been having this issue for awhile, but it’s really starting to get on my nerves because of how intricate the story I’m working on is.

If I create an overlay during a story (regardless of whether I upload it or it belongs to Episode), it doesn’t show up. The only way I can get it to appear is if I include it in the scene to begin with.

Example:

INT. BLACK - NIGHT with DESSERT CART
…will work, and the overlay will show up no problem.

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
@overlay DESSERT CART create
…will not work.

It’s not a problem with the coding, as I get no error message. The preview shows that my overlay IS in the story, but it’s not located anywhere. Not off screen, not in a random place, nowhere.

I’m at a total loss for what to do!

Edited to add solution.

4 Likes

I just had this problem you have to place it somewhere by coding a shift, and a scale if you size. I also noticed that it always works better if you have the opacity too,

@overlay DARK_EDGES create
@overlay DARK_EDGES shifts to -36 156 in zone 2
@overlay DARK_EDGES scales to .623 .623
@overlay DARK_EDGES opacity 1

2 Likes

If have noticed this as well.
OVERLAY create

doesn’t work at all, but I noticed that if I just went on and didn’t include it, my overlay showed up.

My overlays keep glitching. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not… At one moment, I see an overlay I have removed and the other time I don’t see it… The ‘create overlay’ way doesn’t work for me at all. :worried:

A few basic thing’s you can try:

• Different browser
  • Disable all browser plugins (some will cause issues like this)

Not guaranteed to resolve this, but worth a shot.

This works! I’ll edit my original post in case others need the same help.

1 Like

Closed because solved. Thanks @amurph

1 Like