Overlay + error 11 help!

(any replies 5h ago are from a previous edit)

ahhhh…i need help…again!!! my overlays aren’t showing up in the writer’s portal and outright skips lines 10-11. when I go on the app it says I need to create the overlay in stage view first.
here’s the code -

Moved thread to Directing Help & Tips to increase the chances of receiving help. Thanks :v:

1. Delete label question01 from line 3

2. Delete goto question01 from line 17

3. Delete lines 21 to 31.

Sources:

1. HOW TO: Labels and Gotos 🖤

A goto leads to a label it shares the same name with. So goto question01 leads to label question01. Once your script reaches that goto, it leads you back to the label (in your script, it would loop as you have the label on line 3 and the goto on line 17)

All you need to write for the naming input is (example):

input Are you sure these guidelines apply to you? | Are you sure these guidelines apply to you? | Done(ANSWER)

And then to use it in your script (another example):

NARR
[ANSWER], I’m sure these guidelines apply to me.

It works!!! Thank you so much!! :heartpulse::heartpulse:

my overlays aren’t showing up in the writer’s portal and outright skips to lines 10-11. when I go on the app it says I need to create the overlay in stage view first.
here’s the code -

Sorry! I meant to say ‘skips to lines 10-11’, the title and disclaimer don’t show up at all (on overlay helper I can still drag them around but I can’t see them)

From there on the writer’s portal it skips all the way to line 22 on writer’s portal, and on the app it skips all the way to 14 (as typed in choices only work on the app from what I believe??)

I typed in your code for the overlays and now it says error 11 and won’t let me preview. :sob:

Created them instead. There’s no script errors but it still skips all the way to line 25 (narrator - and, for the…) in the coding and they still don’t show up in writer’s portal. Is there an issue with my overlays? The other ones I made don’t have any issues, it’s just the title screen and the disclaimer.

You can’t add overlays at the int.black background.

You need to change the background then it will work

Ahhhh!! thank you, it’s working now!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.