Overlay for tears help!

I need some very detailed explaining to help me with this :sob:
I’m trying to use this tears overlay on this character, and it’s just not working!!
I’ve already done spot directing and I literally can’t even see the overlay.
Idk if I’m stupid n doing the tiniest thing wrong or if the whole codings wrong…

INT.HALL
@zoom reset
@VICTORIA spot 0.850 10 140 in zone 1 AND VICTORIA faces right

@VICTORIA walks to spot 0.850 290 140 in 3 AND VICTORIA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop

&VICTORIA is idle_sad_loop
@overlay CRYINGLEFT create
@overlay CRYINGLEFT opacity 1
@overlay CRYINGLEFT shifts to 73 -16 in zone 2
@overlay CRYINGLEFT scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay CRYINGLEFT moves to layer 6

&zoom on 350 300 to 300% in 1

If anyone has the time to do the coding for me it would be much appreciated :blush: I just don’t get it 🥲

I can kinda see a lot of mistakes in here but much of them I think are irrelevant XD

1. If you are trying to make the tear fall off her eyes, then the whole script is wrong

2. This line right here-

This line is the reason why is not showing up in your screen since you have you’re character-

@VICTORIA spot 0.850 10 140 in zone 1 AND VICTORIA faces right
@VICTORIA walks to spot 0.850 290 140 in 3 AND VICTORIA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop

you have you’re character in zone 1 but you created your tear overlay in zone 2, so try doing substituting 2 with 1 like this-

@overlay CRYINGLEFT shifts to 73 -16 in zone 1 in 0
@overlay CRYINGLEFT scales to 1.000 1.000 in 0

1. Im not sure if this is necessary because back in the old days, if you didn’t include it it wouldn’t show up the following lines-

@overlay CRYINGLEFT scales to 1.000 1.000

need to have a time reaction, for example

@overlay CRYINGLEFT shifts to 73 -16 in zone 2 in 2
@overlay CRYINGLEFT scales to 1.000 1.000 in 2

The time was usually, well always needed, back in the days and wouldn’t show up or came up an error if you didn’t put in the time.

1. Try adding “&” to every script that you want the overlay appearing at, like this-

&overlay CRYINGLEFT create
&overlay CRYINGLEFT opacity 1
&overlay CRYINGLEFT shifts to 73 -16 in zone 2
&overlay CRYINGLEFT scales to 1.000 1.000
&overlay CRYINGLEFT moves to layer 6

Sometimes a time delay will happen if you use @ when coding an overlay, but everything will happen in the same time when you use &

2 Likes

Thanks for your help!!
But when is says -

That’s when she runs into zone two, I just didn’t add (zone 2).

This is the overlay if this helps with understanding it more? Its just one that sorta stays under her eyes, (if that makes sense).

I tried these things n it still didn’t work : (
It honestly might just be the spot directing but it’s not working!!

Heres a more cleared script so everything looks in order-

INT. ACADEMIC HALL - DAY
@zoom reset
&pan to zone 2 in 3
@VICTORIA spot 0.850 10 140 in zone 1 AND VICTORIA faces right then VICTORIA walks to spot 0.850 290 140 in zone 2 in 3 AND VICTORIA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop
&VICTORIA is idle_sad_loop
&overlay CRYINGLEFT create
&overlay CRYINGLEFT opacity 1
&overlay CRYINGLEFT shifts to 73 -16 in zone 2
&overlay CRYINGLEFT scales to 1.000 1.000
&overlay CRYINGLEFT moves to layer 6
&zoom on 640 295 to 565% in 2

And about the overlay, it looks clear. So it makes sense if you can’t see it. Try to enlarge like up to 10.000 10.000 if needed so it becomes visible. Then just scaled it again if you are able to see it and that should fix you’re problem. The code is right but the overlay is just clear so it becomes hard to see I guess.

1 Like

Your a lifesaver!!!
Thank you so much for ur time! :heart::pray:t3::sparkles:

The overall problem was the spot directing (which I finally figured it out and fixed it).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.