Overlay Help: Characters Won't Move Right

Hi there, if anyone can help me with this overlay issue I’d be really grateful. I’m using a background in limelight (INT. GUARD DESK OL ZOOM - DAY) where there already happens to be a pre-positioned overlay, which is the desk. I’ve been able to get characters behind it, since it seems like they automatically walk behind the desk, but they don’t seem to walk in front of it. I’m trying to create a receptionist scene, where there is a girl talking to the man on the opposite side of the counter. I wondered if it was a layer issue at first, but the character I tried putting in front of the desk was tested at all sorts of ridiculous numbers and still walks behind the counter, so now I’m really at a loss. So much so that this is the first time I’m creating a topic to ask for help, because I would really like to get around this. If anyone can help me, I’d be really appreciative.

1 Like

omg this is the exact samething that happened to me bb

i know how to fix this bb

Omg that was fast thank you

LOL yw bb

What did you do to fix it?

INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY with INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY at layer 1
@CLERK stands screen right in zone 2 AND CLERK faces left AND CLERK is read_phone_shocked
&CLERK moves to layer 0

&pan to zone 2 in 2.0
@YOU walks to spot 1.280 80 4 in zone 2 in 2.0 and YOU is walk_neutral_loop
&YOU moves to layer 3

YOU (talk_greet_shy)
Hello! I'm here for an appointment with Doctor Smith.
1 Like

INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY with INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY at layer 1 do this and move your characters at 0 and 2 or something

1 Like

You have to use layers, don’t Forget to put the desk At a certain layer too for example 4

sees

love ur name naomi :wink:

Thank you😂

1 Like

I can’t move the desk, the background comes with the overlay

1 Like

INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY with INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY at layer 1 use that

Or if I can move it, I don’t know how

but like change the characters layers like this

INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY with INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY at layer 1
@CLERK stands screen center AND CLERK faces left
&CLERK moves to layer 0
@BOY stands screen left and BOY faces righ
&BOY moves to layer 2

like that for example

You have to use the ‘&’ instead of ‘@’ ?

it means also you can use @ but it will work after i suggest if you want to move a characters layer do &

Okay I’m about to try

When I have INT. GUARD DESK OL ZOOM - DAY with INT. GUARD DESK OL ZOOM at layer 1 it tells me that the overlay doesn’t exist

1 Like