Overlay Help (invisible overlay?)

my overlay isn’t appearing. this is the overlay helper box, for some reason nothing’s inside of it, when the overlay is supposed to be there.

overlay

here is my script:

INT. AUDITORIUM BACKSTAGE - DAY
@YOU spot 1.280 64 0 and YOU faces right
@NINA spot 1.280 250 -6 and NINA faces left
@YOU starts idle_sad and NINA starts primp
@zoom on 320 389 to 158% in 0.5
@overlay A LIST create
@overlay A LIST shifts to 57 333 in 0
@overlay A LIST scales to 0.910 0.910 in 0

NINA (talk_arms_crossed_angry)
What are you doing?

the bolded part is where the overlay comes to the story. any tips on how to fix this? :slight_smile:

i am putting the overlay after the zoom happens, so please don’t give me a script fix to put the overlay in the starting background (INT. AUDITORIUM BACKSTAGE - DAY with OVERLAY) i would like to put it after the zoom. tysm !

You need to add opacity as well

1 Like

do i put @overlay A LIST opacity 1 in 0 for it to show 100%?

Maybe You Should Do (Background Anything) With (Blank) < Then You Add Your Overlay!

If You Need Anything I Am Here
Just Give Me A :sparkling_heart:

CLOUT-

i am putting the overlay after the zoom happens, so i’m not doing the overlay in the starting background (INT. AUDITORIUM BACKSTAGE - DAY with OVERLAY) i would like to put it after the zoom. ty for the help though, i’ll keep that in mind when i want the overlay to start with the background! :heart:

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

You Are Welcome Sweetie.

1 Like

thank you! :heart:

Let me know if it’s working xxx

1 Like

Wait Not To Be Rude Or Jealous She Just Said " Opacity " And I Said " (Background Anything) And With (Blank) < Then You Add Overlay So I Really Help
You Should Be Thanking Me

hers was correct in the question i asked, yours was correct but in a different scenario. i will be using both of your tips. thanks to both of you :slight_smile:

Oh I Thought I Was Left Out LOL

no haha, i thanked both of u :sweat_smile:

it worked! tysm :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Me?? LoL

your method is correct as well, just not what i was looking for in this scenario :slight_smile:

:neutral_face::frowning:

What Did Opacity Had To Do With Overlays??

If you’re creating an overlay in the stage you need to add an opacity command for overlay to show up

Oh Didnt Know New To The Episode Stuff But I Got It From Turtorials I’ve Been Watching …