Overlay HELP! Overlay won't scale to the code

Hi, so I need help with my overlay! Everytime I code an overlay to be a certain size, it just doesn’t follow the code!
Screenshot:

The dining chair 4 I coded to scale to 0.366 but it keeps staying to be size 1.000 which is the default. Can someone explain or help me as to why it won’t follow the code? Thank you

Hm, not 100 percent sure. But try removing scales “in 0”

Doesn’t that dictate the number of seconds that the overlay will take to scale to that? I’ll try it now though :slight_smile:

It still does the same thing :confused:

Hm. I’m not sure. What about adding that overlay to background name. Have you tried that?

1 Like

I can’t because it’s not an individual overlay I uploaded, I created it from DINING CHAIR (the original) as
seen in the code and if I added it to the background name without creating it from the original then I won’t be able to publish the story as it comes up as a warning : (

@Dara.Amarie can you help?

I’m not sure because I never did this kind of overlay coding but as I see in your coding you wrote:
&overlay DINING_CHAIR_3 scales to…
and:
&overlay DINING_CHAIR_5 scales to …
but you wrote:
&overlay DINING CHAIR_4 scales to…
So maybe there is one “_” missing but I don’t know because I never coded something like this, just a suggestion :sweat_smile:

Omg I never noticed that haha! I amended it and it worked! Thank you so much!!! I feel so stupid loool but thank god I asked for help because I never would’ve noticed hahahaha thank you guys @LiyahxWrites @Cheris for the help!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Took me also some time to see it :laughing: But I’m happy that it worked :sweat_smile: and you’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So grateful <3 thanksss

1 Like

hi, can someone please help me?

EXT. PRIVATE JETT - EVENING

@cut to zone 1

@pan to zone 3 in 7

&overlay RANGE R create

&overlay RANGE R scales to 0.357 0.357

&overlay RANGE R shifts to 155 81

&overlay RANGE R opacity 1 in 0

&overlay RANGE R moves to layer 2

@overlay RANGE R shifts to -91 80 in zone 3 in 4

I want the car to appear from the right side to screen center

Than you have to spot him on the right side offscreen

EXT. PRIVATE JETT - EVENING
@cut to zone 1
@pan to zone 3 in 7
&overlay RANGE R create
&overlay RANGE R scales to 0.357 0.357
&overlay RANGE R shifts to 400 80 in zone 3
&overlay RANGE R moves to layer 2
@overlay RANGE R opacity 1 in 0
@overlay RANGE R shifts to -91 80 in zone 3 in 4

because I do not have your overlay I don’t know how long it is so maybe my coordinates might not be enoug… id so instead of 400 write for example 600 to make it more to the right.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.