Overlay help with my script

Hey,So I have a problem with my script. I have four people to put in the scene, 2 behind the overlay (a long kitchen table) and the other 2 in-front of the table and the 2 infront of the table have to walk to the scene and I can’t put layers on the 2 that arewalking to the scene and I don’t know what to do :cry:. I don’t know if you understand what I’m saying.

1 Like

Hey do you want to share your script? I’m sure we can solve the issue you’re facing.

thank you

INT. BACKGROUND NAME with OVERLAYNAME s x y in zone # at layer #

Then you can also add a layer number to your characters on separate lines:

@CHAR moves to layer # 

OR you can combine it with your other commands:

@CHAR walks to spot s x y in zone # in s AND CHAR does it while animation AND CHAR moves to layer # THEN CHAR starts animation AND CHAR faces left/right

Examples of layering numbers:
CHAR 1 and CHAR 2 are in front of the table (from the camera POV) so you could have them at layers 4 and 5 or both on layer 4 or 5 if you wish to.
The table would be behind them, so that would be layer 3.
The other characters would be at layers 1 and 2 because they are behind the table or you could have them both on layer 1 or 2.

The higher the number of the layer, the “closer” it is to the camera. The lower the number, the “further away” it is from the camera. Higher layers will always be on top of lower layers. Layer numbers don’t have any limits either as far as I know. You can also use minus values if you want to, as well as 0.

I hope this helps! (:

1 Like

Thanks so much, It work out just fine. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :innocent:

1 Like

No worries! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sorry for my late reply! I’m glad it was resolved, thank you @schittwriter :butterfly:

1 Like

Does anyone here knows if you can make an overlay face the opposite direction? like, right now its facing right, is it possible to somehow flip it without having to re-upload the overlay? Ik this has nothing to do with this topic but i dont want to create a new topic just to ask a simple question :sweat_smile:

Put a negative sign on the first scale.

&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to -1.000 1.000

1 Like

But wouldn’t this make the overlay face upside down? Hmm, I’ll try it anyways.

It depends on which scale you place the negative on.

To flip horizontally:
&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to -1.000 1.000

To flip vertically:
&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to 1.000 -1.000

1 Like

Omg, TYSM!

&overlay OVERLAY scales to 1.000 -1.000 in 0
@overlay OVERLAY rotates 180 anchor point 0 0 in 0

Should also work. (:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.