Overlay infinite loops don't work

The loop doesn’t work for rotating overlays. Someone else had this same problem. What you have to do is rotate the overlay, clear it, then replace the overlay, then rotate again and put that on loop

1 Like

Sounds good to me

I do use the &, I just didn’t use it in the example, because there’s no dialogue and it doesn’t really matter, it was (supposedly) supposed to go forever.

cool

I’m not sure how that works, if I’ll just replace it with a different one, won’t it just do the same thing with the loop as long as I use it on rotating?

I don’t mean replace as in put in a different overlay. I mean to re-add that overlay.

1 Like

I can try that, but sometimes there are problems with the create commend, it doesn’t work for me half the time and I just add all of the overlays for scenes at the beginning and make them be at 0 opacity or make a new scene :slightly_frowning_face:

When you use the create command, you have to add the shifts, scales, and opacity commands as well

I know that, and I do that, but in some of the time there are problems with it.

I tried that technique with clearing it and then creating and rotating again and then using the loop, and it gives me an error that says: “Loop command can only be used with Overlay Animaton commands”

What should I do with it??

What did you type in? The code/example I provided in the link above works; the whole thing is just overlay animation commands. So just copy and paste that whole thing and replace the overlay name, shift coordinates, and scale size with your own and test it out.

I tried to, it’s still says the same thing.

Can you copy and paste what you have?

@overlay ANGEL EMOJI 1 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.2 THEN overlay ANGEL EMOJI 1 clear THEN overlay ANGEL EMOJI 1 create THEN overlay ANGEL EMOJI 1 shifts to 161 268 and overlay ANGEL EMOJI 1 scales to 1.264 1.264 and overlay ANGEL EMOJI 1 opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay ANGEL EMOJI 1 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.2 loop INFINITE times

This is what I have, I just changed a few things to match to my case. (And again, this was not from a story, just to test it, it’s an example story to test things from time to time)

I’m not sure why that error is coming up, but if you just replace all the and’s with then’s, it will work.

Well, now it works and without errors, but after every loop there’s like a short pose and it looks really weird

I’ve tested this out many times before with the “and” and it worked perfectly. I don’t know what’s wrong now, it just doesn’t like when we use the word “and” (I tested it with a simple shift and scales command and it still gets the same error). I’m going to submit a ticket about the issue.

Did you uppercase the “AND”? bc they won’t work if they are not fullly uppercased.

It works when you write it like “and” and not just like “AND”.

And doesn’t have to be in capital letters and neither does then.

Can you relax. There’s no need to talk to people like that. They were trying to help.

2 Likes