Overlay is not appearing

You could just code them to be in another zone.

like if they are in zone 2.

@GUY spot 0.542 131 230 in zone 5

1 Like

The script name for the duplicate is LANE DUPLICATE now how would i code it so he can be in the screen if he has no name?

1 Like

Code it as normal. What the script name is, is different than the display name. So if the display name is blank. Write it like normal but when you preview it nothing will show up for the name if that makes sense.

im a bit confused?can you maybe show me how it would look like in coding?i think ill understand better

1 Like

1 Like

i did erase the name already but how would i make the charecter with no name be onscreen and code him to talk and do animation when he has no name :exploding_head:
im still confused

1 Like

nvm i know what you were trying to say im so slow sorry :sweat_smile:

The purple circle is the name you use in your script with coding and all that.

The blue circle is just the name that will or will not show up in your story display.

1 Like

oh ok i undertand now what you were trying to say :sneezing_face:

1 Like

You can have them stand off screen and just place the bubbles in spot where you’d like them.

1 Like

im having the same problem again the speech bubble wont appear at all

LANE DUPLICATE (talk_arms_crossed_loop)
rewjrwkejrewlk

i typed this randomly to see if it would work and i placed the LANE DUPLICATE ofscreen right and made him talk but he did nothing like he just stood their in a idle position

1 Like

Can you post script please of him

@LANE DUPLICATE stands offscreen right
@LANE DUPLICATE is talk_arms_crossed_loop
LANE DUPLICATE (talk_angry_stubborn)
Gdeowijfoiewjfoiwej
@pause for 27

this is what i currentlt have coded but it wont show me him talking at all and the speech bubble doesent show up

1 Like

If he is standing off screen, you wouldn’t be able to see him.
Instead of standing off screen right command, have you tried spotting him off to the side, out of view to see if that works?

by that do you mean place him in a certain spot that is not offscreen?

1 Like

Place him off screen but use spot directing.

1 Like

ill try that right and see if it works

it still doesent work and the speech bubble wont appear :frowning:

1 Like

Try placing the character on screen and see if it shows up

1 Like