Overlay is not created

I’m trying to create an overlay, but it is not showing up. The thing is, earlier in the same episode, I have an overlay, and it worked fine. I created an overlay, but it is not working. Here’s the code:

INT. TV CLOSE UP2 - DAY
@zoom reset
@overlay LOTTERYTV create
@overlay LOTTERYTV opacity 1
@overlay LOTTERYTV shifts to 216 69 in zone 1
@overlay LOTTERYTV scales to 0.116 0.116

I’m sure the overlay is spelled correctly. The overlay is still in review, but I know that isn’t the problem. Thanks!

Did you try to put next to the background – with LOTTERYTV

1 Like

Yes just like @GiadeLynn123 said
And you can also put it like this :point_down::point_down::point_down:

INT. TV CLOSE UP2 - DAY with LOTTERYTV to 0.116 216 69

@zoom reset

It’ll also work and reduce coding :joy: and bit of your time

1 Like

Sometimes you just have to play around with things… like I read one time someone zoomed out and then in again and then it appeared (didn’t really see how that made a difference but it did :joy:) so just play around with a few of the buttons until it comes up (unless there is an actual explanation :thinking:)

I agree it happens with me offen when I exits the screen and reopen it will appears :joy::joy::joy: and I also plays with layering and opacity too in the beginning when I started writing :joy::joy:

1 Like

I need help with an overlay. It says it’s not created. Here’s the code:

@overlay LOTTERYTICKET create
@overlay LOTTERYTICKET opacity 1
@overlay LOTTERYTICKET shifts to 21 217 in zone 1
@overlay LOTTERYTICKET scales to 0.690 0.690

I know I spelled it correctly. Any idea what’s going on? Thanks.

Edit: It says it’s not in the stage view. I know I put zone 1 in it.

Edit 2: Here’s the scene

INT. TV CLOSE UP2 - DAY
@zoom reset
@overlay LOTTERYTV create
@overlay LOTTERYTV shifts to 21 217 in zone 1
@overlay LOTTERYTV scales to 0.690 0.690

@overlay LOTTERYTICKET create
@overlay LOTTERYTICKET opacity 1
@overlay LOTTERYTICKET shifts to 216 69 in zone 1
@overlay LOTTERYTICKET scales to 0.116 0.116

:thinking: Saying it’s not in the stage view, like an error message?

There’s nothing wrong with the code you have pasted in, is there anything nearby that could be affecting it? Or maybe something with the upload?

The spelling must be right anyway, if it wasn’t right, the error would look like this:

It looks alright to me as well…maybe it has something to do with layers if your using any other overlays in this scene?

I see your edit, there’s still nothing wrong with your code. :thinking:

Is it an error message? Or just you can’t see the overlay? Maybe one is underneath the other? Both are at a position that they should be onscreen.

Maybe it’s time for the Troubleshooting Routine™.

• If you save and refresh, is the problem still there?
  • If you try to locate it using the Overlay Helper in the web previewer, is it around somewhere?
  • If you sub in a basic overlay, like BABY FOOT SWADDLE, does anything change?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.