Overlay issues again

@Sydney_H please move if categorised incorrectly :slight_smile:

Hey guys! Just wondering, how do you make the overlay’s opacity 0 straight away? Ok, that’s a terrible explanation. So basically, I have a white background (my own background cuz Episode’s white background is messed up) and I have an overlay saying “3 months ago…”

I want the overlay to be invisible at first then change to opacity 1 in 3 seconds. All of it is fine, except the fact that the 3 months overlay shows at the start for like 1 second and then disappears, and THEN appears in 3 seconds.

All I want for it to do is not show at the beginning, but to be invisible straight away, if that makes sense? Here’s my script:

I would make the overlay’s opacity 0 BEFORE the white background comes, but it says that I have to have it existing before hand. Thanks!

1 Like

@overlay OVERLAY opacity 0 in 0

You have to add time

I’ve tried it and it doesn’t work :confused: it just flashes for half a second or so then disappears then appears. Everything is fine except for the bit where it flashes

Then why don’t you create it later like when you want it and don’t add it with background.

When i did that the overlay messed up and kept going in different zones even though i didnt command it to. I’ll try it, but i’m pretty sure it’ll do the same thing

thanks!

For example-
INT. BACKGROUND
@pause for 3
@overlay OVERLAY create
@overlay OVERLAY shifts __ ___
@overlay OVERLAY scales _____
@overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 in 2

If you are having zone issue then add
in zone 1 after scales shifts and opacity line

Yeah i’m trying it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

For example -
@overlay OVERLAY scales – — in zone 1

1 Like

Oooh, ok it worked! Thank you, i guess i had to create it and turn the opacity into 0 at the same time

again, thanks much!

1 Like

@Jeremy, can you close this? I’ve found a solution! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am glad it worked.:+1:

2 Likes

xx

1 Like

Marked as solved and closed. Thanks!