Overlay keeps disappearing or characters end up in the wrong zone

So I’m trying to have to characters eat dinner awkwardly in the living room, specifically in zone 3. For some reason when I play the script no matter how many times I adjust the overlay, the overlay doesn’t show up in the zoomed in portion of the screen. Or better yet, I’ll get a close up view of the side of the characters as if they’re standing in the wrong zone.
I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix this. Help please?

EXT. JUVIE POOL HOUSE INTERIOR - DAY with TABLE DINER at layer 0
@cut to zone 3
@LEXIE changes into Lexie casual 8
@WYNDELL changes into Wyndell kiss scene
@overlay TABLE DINER shifts to -433 54
@overlay TABLE DINER scales to 0.856 0.856
@WYNDELL spot 1.280 -176 -94 in zone 3 AND WYNDELL faces left AND WYNDELL is rear AND WYNDELL moves to layer 2 AND LEXIE spot 1.280 -54 -66 in zone 3 AND LEXIE faces left AND LEXIE moves to layer -1 AND LEXIE is idle_awkward
@pause for 100

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since it involves coding/scripting. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Try this (you may need to redo the spot coordinates):

@LEXIE changes into Lexie casual 8
@WYNDELL changes into Wyndell kiss scene
EXT. JUVIE POOL HOUSE INTERIOR - DAY with TABLE DINER to 0.856 -433 54 in zone 3 at layer 0
&cut to zone 3
&WYNDELL spot 1.280 -176 -94 in zone 3 AND WYNDELL faces left AND WYNDELL is rear AND WYNDELL moves to layer 2 AND LEXIE spot 1.280 -54 -66 in zone 3 AND LEXIE faces left AND LEXIE moves to layer -1 AND LEXIE is idle_awkward
@pause for 100

Thank you! It worked

1 Like