Overlay Lagging

Whenever I use certain overlays (this has happened twice now) and I try to preview them so I can position them, they LAG SO MUCH!! The overlay isn’t visible even if I write ‘@overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0’. I’ve tried to preview on my phone and my laptop and it just DOESN’T WORK. This rarely ever happens to me and I’m not sure why it’s not working… it’s not a big overlay either.

Can anyone help or has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

Could you show your code? Yh glitches happen. I had this weird glitch where everyone was sliding and not doing any animations but exiting the story and entering back in, they were normal, it was like a horror movie :woozy_face:

1 Like

Here you go!

&overlay ROSE_NOCTIPHANY create 
&overlay ROSE_NOCTIPHANY opacity 1 in 0 
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT create
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT opacity 1 in 0
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT_2 create from SILVER_LIGHT
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT_2 opacity 1 in 0

But when I preview and click change overlay my whole screen just freezes- I think the coding is correct…? :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

Your coding appears fine to me. May you share the whole screenshot of what background you are in, what zone, etc.

1 Like

I deleted it- :sob: But it said:

INT. BLACK - DAY 
volume music 100 2000
music MUSIC 
&zoom reset 
&overlay ROSE_NOCTIPHANY create 
&overlay ROSE_NOCTIPHANY opacity 1 in 0 
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT create
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT opacity 1 in 0
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT_2 create from SILVER_LIGHT
&overlay SILVER_LIGHT_2 opacity 1 in 0

NARR 
Pause. 

I don’t think it’s my computer as the majority of my overlays work fine. :woman_shrugging:

This background has issues when it comes to overlays. Use another one or upload your own black background.

1 Like

Thank you so much! You’re a life saver :))

1 Like