Overlay loop command not working

Ok, so I’ve got an overlay that I want to spin on the spot I want it to loop infinitely. It’s spinning on the spot but it’s not looping, and I don’t understand why. Somebody pleasseee help me :sob:

Can you post your code?

here it is:

EXT. DELTA HOUSE - NIGHT
music music_softhardbeat
@LOUISA enters from left to upscreen left
@LOUISA is draw_gun_angry
@overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 create
@overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 shifts to 170 270 in zone 1 in 0
@overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 scales to 0.865 0.865 in zone 1 in 0
@overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 opacity 1 in 0.15
@pause for 0.75 then LOUISA is idle_gun_angry_loop
@pause for 1.75
&overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 shifts to 225 325 in 0 then overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2 loop INFINITE times

LOUISA (talk_gun_angry)
Come at me now.

Rotating with loops is a bit tricky, the command understands it and loops it, but you can’t see it, because once it spins to 360 it’ll start spinning without you seeing it.

You need to use this:

&overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 shifts to 225 325 in 0 then overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2 then overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

Also I recommend putting shifts to before the rotation like this:

&overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 shifts to 225 325 in 0
&overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2 then overlay ORB SPIRAL 3 rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s how the episode team told me how to loop rotations: Overlay infinite loops don't work. Hope this helps!

Vaena posted a really good method for doing this and I found their explanation helpful and concise. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush: somebody told me this is what I had to do but they hadn’t really explained why. So at least I understand it now :slight_smile:

1 Like