Overlay not showing up in the preview

here’s my code. I don’t understand what’s going on, I’m not even animating the overlays lol.
Something to add is that these overlays were just sent in for approval. So they have NOT been approved yet.

But, shouldn’t I be able to still edit, and code and publish later once approved?
If anyone knows whats going on, pls let me know :slight_smile:

When you write the opacity, write the word opacity before the value:

@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity #

Like Juliett said, you have to code it
@ or &overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity # and Episode value for full opacity is the number 1.
So full opacity (not see through at all) is 1
half opacity would be .5
and to spot it but make it show up later you’d do a 0 (then later in the script, you’d code &overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 when you want it to show up.)

You can do any .1, .2, .3, .4 etc etc to the numer 1 as an opacity number.

You can also “fade in” an overlay by coding &/@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in # (of seconds).

tyyy so much!

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for the info. Quick question tho? I usually do opacity 100% for overlays. Do you/other writers not use percents?

1 Like

I’ve never used a % for the opacity but I suppose it would be the same
1= 100%
.5 = 50%
etc.
:woman_shrugging:
To me it’s faster just to use the 1 , .5, 0 than type out the full percent. :slight_smile: Whatever works for you is what works for you. :smiley:

1 Like

ty. Ik it’s a wierd q lol, ty for answering!

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile: And not a weird question at all :slight_smile: We all do coding a little different. Example, just learned through co-writing that you can do

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAYNAME to 1.00 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 3 with OVERLAYNAME2 to 0.888 -15 200 in zone 1 at layer -5
etc and just type the opacity under it for any opacity 0’s.

1 Like