Overlay opacity making overlay dark instead of transparent

I’ve had this problem for a while now - since they updated the writing portal to make it easier, to be exact. I thought it’d go away but it hasn’t.
Every overlay that isn’t at full opacity turns dark. The lower the opacity the darker the overlay it seams. Transparent water at say 90% get’s this dark border, and blushes or bruises (50-60% maybe) becomes brown, Steam goes dark grey.
And this happens no matter the story, whether I preview my own or are reading the cummunity created.
It just looks ridiculous and it’s keeping me from fully enjoying reading and creating stories.

I’m on a android, Samsung Galaxy s9, btw. The app is updated to latest version and my own stories work just fine in the Story Creator on my computer.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

1 Like

submit a ticket about it. It’s a common issue

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same problem. I’ve submitted a ticket and they told me that they’re aware of the problem and are working on it.

I do agree that it’s very irritating. It’s putting me off publishing new chapters because the overlays just look so daft :angry:

2 Likes

:arrow_up: So sorry this is happening :sad_panda: Yeah it is definitely best to make the support team aware of this. Please submit a ticket with the details here: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed overlays having some major problems ever since they “updated” the writers portal last. :confused:

1 Like