Overlay problem for more overlays

I know iff you want a table for example befor to people in a certain background u use

INT. COZY RESTAURANT - DAY with TABLE FANCY

But what do you write when you want on other overlay in it too for example i have an overlay off a bottle champagne and i want to set it on that table.

What do i write then?

I tried:
INT. COZY RESTAURANT - DAY with TABLE FANCY with CHAMPAGNE
but it does not work i don’t see the bottle off champagne.

And what iff the overlay is to big can you make it smaller in the director helper?

thanks

So you want to make sure the champagne bottle is at a higher layer than the table:

INT. COZY RESTAURANT - DAY with TABLE FANCY at layer 2 with CHAMPAGNE at layer 3

If the overlay is too big than you use the Overlay Directing to lower it’s size and you add those coordinates in your overlay command.

I tried that but now my people are before the table and not behind it i used for the 2 people that are sitting the spot director and i did not say a layer and then the waitress is coming in and she needs to stand behind the people so i gave her 0

And know???

Give the people layer 0 and give the waitress layer -1

No i did this;
INT. COZY RESTAURANT - DAY with TABLE FANCY at layer 5 with CHAMPAGNE at layer 6

everything is good but the champagne is not standing on the table, can you move an overlay?

thanks

Yes.
Here’s a guide on overlay placement:

1 Like

i don’t understand the xy things i just want to know what i have to write and were with the direction helper to place my champagne, i have a seen a tutorial with someone who is doing it with the app. but when i place the champagne with the app wich is really easy i can use my finger were do i save it so it will stay in that direction and that it is seeing in my writhers portal too.

When you place it with your finger in the app, there should be a code at the bottom left of your screen.
Write that code into your script

yes, but where?
INT. COZY RESTAURANT - DAY with TABLE FANCY at layer 2 with CHAMPAGNE at layer 3

INT. COZY RESTAURANT - DAY with TABLE FANCY at layer 2 with CHAMPAGNE to % x y in zone # at layer 3

1 Like