Overlay Quality Issue

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else had be experiencing some issues regarding the quality of overlays.
When I put a overlay in for approval the quality is absolutely fine and I see no issues but then when I go to view the overlay on my phone the quality is god awful.

I have no idea how to fix it and wondered if anyone had any suggestions??

Thankyou <3

2 Likes

There’s no way (that I know of) to fix it, since they have to be compressed to under 1MB. Usually, large and clear images are best. I’ve tried uploading drawn characters with lots of detail as overlays and it just gets so grainy.

1 Like

I make overlays using photoshop and the quality that they end up being is actually god awful. I have one in my recent episode and i’m debating getting rid of it because it’s so awful

it’s a shame that there’s no way to fix it :frowning:

Totally understand! I even made an art scene and tried uploading it as a background and it looked like complete sh*t, until I screenshot closeup parts then uploaded those as backgrounds too.

The only thing we can really do is suffer through the poor quality unless we can find ways around it, unfortunately lol

1 Like

Arghhh that’s so annoying!
It’s so hit n miss with quality too because I have some which look bomb but then some look like literal trash

1 Like

This exactly. I made overlays of the legs of my characters 2 came out fine, 3 came out so blurred and just completely not what they were supposed to look like. They were all made in the same program and scaled to the same sizes.

Talk about annoying. lol

1 Like

I have the same issue with episode overlays. When i zoom in they look awful😭

1 Like

i’m have no idea on how to fix them :((

1 Like

literally, i’ve used all the same apps for my overlays but for some reason they just look terrible

1 Like

If you’re uploading your overlay yourself try creating the overlay as a very large size so that in your story if it’s zoomed it or normal it’ll look high quality

1 Like

Thankyou, I’ll try this <33

1 Like