Overlays being weird

Hi againnnn so I was watching my episode over for any possible mistakes and such on my phone and here on my laptop. There is a scene where this character gets hit by a car and the car overlay on my phone is shifted to the right a LOT and it looks so so wrong and I dont know how to fix it. If someone can explain why this is happening and help out, that would be greatly appreciated!!!

from such description it is really hard to guess…have you used spot directing of the overlay…or it is simply on th place where it is created?

Do you see it the same way also in writers portal or only in the app?

here’s the script:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY - NIGHT with CAR SIDE BROWN to 0.874 -792 -16
volume music 0 0
@AMBER spot 0.650 77 314 AND AMBER faces right AND AMBER starts search AND AMBER moves to layer 0
@pause for a beat
@speechbubble is 191 281 to 100% with tail_top_left

AMBER
There it is!

&pause for 1.5
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN opacity 1
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN moves to layer 1
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to -544 -2 in 0.75
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN scales to 0.874 0.874 in 0.75

Basically in this scene, the car is supposed to start out off screen and then after Amber starts running across the street, the car moves to hit her. That happens in the story on the portal but for some reason on my phone it looks completely different. Instead of it being off screen, you can see the car just sitting there and then when it moves to hit her, the car is way more to the right than it should be, Is it just my phone or?

Try submitting a support ticket maybe!

Link Here!

use instead the create comand

@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN create
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to 0.874 -792 -16 (f this is the original place where the overlay should be offscreen…I havent tested this)
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN opacity 1
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN moves to layer 1
…here goes the gialogue…

@pause for 1.5

&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to -544 -2 in 0.75
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN scales to 0.874 0.874 in 0.7

I had similar problem with overlays doing in app different things than in potal… the problem wahs with &…seems app sometimes is not ble to get what to do and you need to have @ instead

i tried and it looked the same in the portal which is good but on my phone it did the same thing, just that the car was there longer lol so idk what to do anymore.

Than write a ticket… Send them link to the story the url and no. Of line where it happens… Thay might find solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.