Overlays - Directing Helps & Tips

Hi!

First, I’d like to begin by saying if this question was asked before in another thread I do apologize for creating another one. Question: So, I’m currently writing my story and I have two overlays I wanted to add into my story, here’s an example

INT. WHITEBACKGROUND - DAY with INT. TITLE - DAY with AUTHORNAME
@overlay 6197689045745664_AUTHORNAME shifts to 108 -123
@overlay 6197689045745664_AUTHORNAME scales to 0.676 0.676

I wanted the title in the middle of the white background and my name at the bottom right corner. If someone could please help me with this situation I’d very much appreciate it.

You need to use directing helper and overlay helper to move them to the place you want :slight_smile:

as I can see you already used it so what’s wrong? You don’t like the position?

Hi,
I’m very familiar with the basics of directing on Epsiode, I’ve been writing on and off for about 4 years.

But I’m confused as to how adding two overlays to a scene and positioning them works. So, the issue I have is the title of my story is positioned in the middle where I want it. But my name is positioned in the middle as well and not at the bottom right corner.

You can just do INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAY1 to % x y with OVERLAY2 to % x y

If you want an overlay at the beginning of your scene, you can do this:

INT. WHITEBACKGROUND - DAY with INT. TITLE - DAY to % x y with AUTHORNAME to 0.676 108 -123

Want an overlay in the middle of a scene?

@overlay AUTHORNAME create
@overlay AUTHORNAME shifts to 108 -123 in zone 1 in 0
@overlay AUTHORNAME scales to 0.676 0.676 in 0
@overlay AUTHORNAME opacity 1 in 0

You want to remove an overlay?

This is how to do it:

More information on overlay can be found here: DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

P.S replace % x y with actual numerical values ^^

Remember that:

Good luck! :wink:

Thank you so much!

Does anyone know how to set up tappable overlays for hairstyle choices?

you need to upload hairstyles as an overlays

Thank you so much