Overlays over backgrounds with built in overlay?

I’m trying to put a laptop overlay on the desk in INT. EURO HOTEL ROOM DESK OL - NIGHT, but I can’t seem to put anything in front of the desk. Does anyone know how to bring overlays in front of the background overlay? :blush:

are you familiar with layers? if not, the code for switching layers is
@overlay OVERLAY moves to layer x
(x being the number of the layer you want it to move on)
i don’t know which exact desk overlay goes with the background you named but you would have to move it to a layer lower than the laptop layer.

Yeah, I’ve been playing with the layers and I can get the overlay in front of the characters but not the overlay built-in the background. And I can’t select the built-in background and move that to a different layer either. :confused:

I suppose since the overlay is built in with the background it’s going to be at the highest layer no matter what… I also just checked and the overlay isn’t even in the catalog so there would be no way to shift it and scale it and add it to your script and etc.

You would have to use another background that comes with a separate overlay since that one doesn’t allow you to do it. If you don’t want to do that and you know how to create overlays, you could make your own overlay of the desk from that background and upload that one into your script! But from what I know there’s no way to do what you’re trying to do ):

INT. EURO HOTEL ROOM DESK OL - NIGHT with INT. EURO HOTEL ROOM DESK OL - NIGHT at layer 1 with OVERLAYNAME at layer 2

So the desk will be layer 1 and your overlay will be layer 2, in this example, any characters behind the desk would be layer 0 etc

1 Like

wow lol when i tried that before it didn’t work so i assumed it was impossible but it’s working now🤔 so yeah @gracell that should work for you too

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you guys so much!!

1 Like