Overlays: shift and rotate at the same time

I’m having an issue with a wheel ol that’s supposed to be rotating infinite times and moving to another position at the same time, so that it looks like the vehicle is moving with its wheels.
The issue is that when the ol starts rotating, it somehow “jumps” to a lower position.

Example:
&overlay WHEEL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1 THEN overlay WHEEL rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay WHEEL shifts to 400 20 in zone 2 in 1

It’s supposed to move to another zone without changing the Y-coordinate but somehow, like I said it just changes its spot to a lower one and just moves from there. When I check the Y again, it says it’s still 20… ?
So I think maybe the anchor point has different coordinates for the ol?

I also tried switching those two lines but still nothing… :no_mouth:

If you look on the guide on the episode portal it tells you what to do to solve this.

I did this with an overlay for the first time a few days ago. Only reason why I can remember this.

You need to shift your overlay before rotation starts. I wil try to explain but I think it might be easier if you look at the guide too.

check the res size of the overlay. Let say it’s 100x100. And your current position on the screen is 1.000 200 200. Divide the res size by 2 (answer 50x50) and add this to to your original position(250 250). Then shift your overlay to that position before starting the rotate.
@overlay WHEEL shifts 1.000 250 250
@overlay WHEEL rotates…ect ect

Hope this is helpful

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.