Overlays start appearing after the fade in

When using a new background, I usually start with @transition fade in black 5 and after that, I create like 1 or 2 overlays for the background (like a door or something). When I preview my story I notice that the overlays still need time to appear after the fade-in happened. I’ve tried to make the fade-in last longer by using @transition fade in 10 or something but nothing seems to work. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Can you show your script?

1 Like

You need to put the transition after the overlays. When you are putting it before the overlay, the script will perform the transition effect first before making the overlays appear.

INT. BACKGROUND NAME

&overlay OVERLAYNAME create
&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1

@transition fade in 10

2 Likes

INT. PINK BED - DAY

@zoom reset
@cut to zone 3
@transition fade in black 5

@overlay ROOM OPEN DOOR create
@overlay ROOM OPEN DOOR moves to layer 1
@overlay ROOM OPEN DOOR shifts to 125 -24 in zone 2
@overlay ROOM OPEN DOOR scales to 1.221 1.221
@overlay ROOM OPEN DOOR opacity 1
@overlay DOOR create
@overlay DOOR moves to layer 2
@overlay DOOR shifts to 67 31 in zone 3
@overlay DOOR scales to 1.231 1.231
@overlay DOOR opacity 1

1 Like

Maybe you should try to do the transition after you put the overlays in the right place

Yeah this sorry didn’t see this earlier

Just tried that but there’s still a little cut right before the fade-in happens that shows the background

INT. PINK BED - DAY with ROOM OPEN DOOR to 1.221 125 -24 in zone 2 at layer 1 with DOOR to 1.231 67 31 in zone 3 at layer 2
&zoom reset
&cut to zone 3
@transition fade in 5

2 Likes

OOOH for some reason I totally forgot that it was possible to add overlays next to the background oops but thank you so much!

Even if you didn’t, you need to remember that @ animations finish before the next one starts.
If you do @cut and then @transition, it will always cut before the transition.

You can do @ overlay create
Then
& overlay scale, shift etc.
&cut
@ transition

Should still work.

Alrighty, I’ll remember that, thank you for helping me out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.