Overlays That Come With Backgrounds Not Showing Up

I’m sorry if the title is confusing

Is anyone else having problems with the backgrounds that are supposed to automatically have an overlay? I already submitted a ticket and am just waiting for a reply.

For the INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM backgrounds, there’s space at the bottom of the 3rd zone where a desk should be. When I add the background to my story and test it out, the desk isn’t there. It’s just an empty space.

Picture

The cafeteria background too. It’s named INT. CAFETERIA TABLE OL - DAY, and I assume OL stands for overlay, so there’s supposed to be a table overlay but nothing shows up. The table is not in the art catalog, so I can’t even add it myself.

Picture

I haven’t tested out the other backgrounds, so I don’t know if this is a problem just with these or all the others too.

they will disapre if you add your own overlays, but dont worry there is an easy fix to it, you add the background as an overlay

you just write

BACKGROUND NAME with BACKGROUND NAME

then it is added as overlay

that way you can also move it, and change its layer, you can even add it to a diffrent background

all you have to do is write the background name where you would write the overlay name

@overlay BACKGROUND NAME moves to layer 1

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve kinda been freaking out :sweat_smile: I wish Episode would make it so that you don’t have to add it as an overlay

1 Like