Overly and waking animation

Hi,

I’m not sure if I am even wording this correctly, but, I was wondering how do I make an overlay move with a character as they walk and hold the overlay?

&overlay POTTED_PLANT shifts to 9 308 in zone 2 in 3
@LUCA walks to spot 0.449 16 428 in zone 2 in 3 AND LUCA does it whilst idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

this doesn’t work.

that’s the wrong command, it should be while instead of whilst:
AND LUCA does it while idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

from what i’m seeing, the rest of your coding looks correct so try that out and let me know how it goes!

Hmmm, the character just sort of glides onto the scene and doesn’t walk and the overlay isn’t timed right. I’ll have to play with it.

Oh I’ve just realised the while action is not a walking animation, that’s probably why.

1 Like

yeah, i totally looked over that as well. is everything working now?

Yes, thank you. I just need to prefect the timings of how fast they walk, and spot position, as seems a little off.

It is frustrating as idle cup is ideally how I wanted the character to hold the object/overlay, but that doesn’t have a walk animation. I settled on walk tray animation

1 Like

first you have to sport both the overlay and the character and then you shift and walk them together

to make it smooth you must usually do the math and care for that both character and the overlay shift for exact same distance both vertical and horizontal

to make them move together
&overlay POTTED_PLANT shifts to 9 308 in zone 2 in 3
@LUCA walks to spot 0.449 16 428 in zone 2 in 3 AND LUCA does it while idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.