Pannable Minigame Help

Hey guys! So I was wondering how to make the screen pannable by swiping when reading the story. In mini-games in stories many people allow the reader to pan the screen themself when looking for an item (tappable overlay). I would love to know how to script this but I just don’t know how. Could someone help me? Thank you UwU

2 Likes

i’ve completely forgot the code for it but i’m pretty sure joseph evans did a tutorial on it on youtube so that video should help you.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll try it out! Tysm UwU

2 Likes

Here you go!

2 Likes

I know how to do tappable overlays but is the last bit the panning by the user themself? UwU

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean…
I copied only the part that concerns pannable overlays, that obviously is connected to tappable overlays

1 Like

Oh I think I understand now, I didn’t know what it was called so I got confused. I think that is the correct one though, I’ll try it out later. Tysm UwU

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve been trying to do a pannable template that goes up and down but I’m a little stuck. Do you know the best way of working out this issue?

Like this

I’ve tried that sadly, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

You need to be zoomed in for it to work.

1 Like

I did zoom in but am i supposed to put the code in anothe scene, because have several labels and I’m quite confused.

I’m afraid I don’t fully understand what you mean. If you change scene, you’ll have to rewrite the tappable script.

Okay, if you want I can screenshot the script to show you what problem I’m having.

Sure

Here’s one where you can see a little better

What happens instead?

Nothing, when I try to test it out the sticker doesn’t move up and down and I have zoomed in on the background. I don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

Looks like you might have an extra space after &ui on line 150. Does it work when you do a normal pan e.g. [pan:1:2]?