Pannable, tappable & timed Mini Game

Hey,

Does anyone has any idea how to make this type of mini game (pannable, tappable and timed at the same time)?

This example is from the story “Black Magic” by E R Gurney (she herself doesn’t want to share the knowledge :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) :

1 Like

i tried to do that, but apparently you can’t :(( i read some comments where someone said that they just made the overlay’s opacity 0 in a specific amount of time, though. hope this helps :grimacing:

These links might help. I’m not sure how exactly it works though tbh.

If someone could do that, then it’s possible :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i’m a huge huge huge fan of your story ‘lost’, by the way. it’s absolutely amazing :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Me too

2 Likes

Thank you girls :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Just asking… So tappable & timed choice works, but not the pannable, tappable & timed choice?

1 Like

unfortunately, no

2 Likes

I know only how to do tappable + pannable:

tappable [pan:1:3]
“OV1”{

}“OV2”{

}

And tappable + timed:

tappable [timed:30:hidden]
“OV1”{

}“OV2”{

}

Tried to combine them, but it didn’t work.

1 Like

Maybe she used pauses or something?

maybe you can try like
&pause for 30 THEN overlay OVERLAY opacity 0 in 0
tappable [pan:1:3]
“OVERLAY” {
} “ELSE” {
}

i really don’t know, tell me if it works i guess

2 Likes

Yup there must be a way. I’m curious too :thinking:
Probably it is not in episode’s feature? It is either there’s a specific format to combine the ‘‘tappable & pannable’’ and “tappable & timed” coding, or a completely different format of coding…
Apparently this question has been asked before & no solution has been found :sweat_smile:
Maybe IT experts know how. Like those real game creators etc.
Btw… I’m a fan of yours. Do make a tutorial video if you’ve found the solution :blush:

I did thought of that too… Like it’s sth to do with pause, ol, opacity. Maybe the whole bg is covered with another layer of it’s own ol? (if u know what i mean)… I’m quite new in epi so still unsure. I’ll try that when i log in to the writer portal :blush:

1 Like

I will try to play around with it, thanks for the idea!

1 Like

yes!! tell me if it works i really wanna know

2 Likes

Sure!

1 Like

There was a white background in the end that I needed to tap and only after that the game has ended. So maybe it’s really something like this: &pause for 20 THEN overlay OVERLAY opacity 100% in 0 AND overlay OVERLAY to layer 10 :thinking:

Maybe… I’ll try around when i have time.

It is either this, or a specific code to combine pannable & timed, or… only specific people knows how :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.