Parent permission to publish

sooo I’ve been worrying abt this for a while but I finally decided to ask. i don’t really want my mom to know that I’m writing a story and if I tell her she’s gonna want to read it…I don’t want her reading my stories mostly bc shell make fun of me AND I’m not allowed to cuss bc I’m 14 :heart_eyes_cat:. is there any way I can publish without her knowing ?

8 Likes

I don’t think you need parent permission do you ?? I hope not :grimacing:

I can check the guidelines

4 Likes

You don’t need parent permission :santa_dance:

4 Likes

thank goodness :joy:

1 Like

No permission needed from parent to publish a story.

3 Likes

…my mom knows but… she is like anti-episode so as soon as i finish she wants me off… but i may or may not be procrastinating :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

thank god I read somewhere that u need permission I was shitting my pants dawg :skull:

2 Likes

oop thats good

1 Like

me too :rofl: :sweat_smile:

Actually this is from the actual episode help center and it says this:

“If you are 13 to 17 years of age, you must have parental permission to submit and publish your story”

but it doesn’t actually check so I guess you could just publish without it

7 Likes

omg i feel you- my mom said writing episode stories wasnt a hobby and is very anti-episode :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

My mom would never read a story I write. She knows that hate it when anybody looks at mai stuff because I’m really self conscious :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

my mom would just roast me so bad I’d move out :skull: she doesn’t know that I play episode

3 Likes

Hm, so I found this on help center too.

• Authors on the Episode Platform must be 13 or older.
  • If you are 13 to 17 years of age, you must have parental permission to submit and publish your story.
  • You must be 18 or older to take part in our writer’s payment program.
7 Likes

fuck…ummm ima email them and ask fr

4 Likes

yeah but the portal doesn’t actually check if you have parent permission… right ? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

uh yeah can you tell me what they say-

i mean my dad knows and doesnt rly care but my mom is a completely different story lmaooo

2 Likes

since u are 14, now, I guess u should tell her since it is in the help center, and it is important to know and tell yr parents tht u are writing on Episode. I mean it is there, and it is there for a reason. Uh, if she wants to read it, I guess she could and she could tell u about her view on it. Maybe. But yr call.

1 Like

yeah I’ll let you know dawg!

1 Like

hmmm actually i might be okay bc my dad knows but idk :joy_cat: