[Part two to] what do authors add in the story that you dislike

Part two to

original link that’s closed

What do authors add in a story that you dislike/ or make the character do that you dislike

I’m curious so… let me know
mine is them repeating the scene right after they already did that thing in the chapter before like going on a date in one chapter then in the next doing the same thing then I just lose interest but I try and give them a fighting chance
not like flashbacks or recaps more like having a similar plot in a chapter right after the original one that it was based on like mafia stories are mostly based on getting a person back after them being kidnaped then the next after they get kidnaped again

So what’s yours ?

1 Like

Really fast zooms. I’ve said it before on another thread, but it’s so annoying when it goes back and forth instead of cutting, especially since you have to type out the time because it cuts (takes no time) by default.

2 Likes

The opposite of this actually annoys me more, when the zooms are extremely slow and I’m on the edge of my seat with my teeth gritted just waiting for it to be over. Especially in art scenes/intros where every corner and detail has to be zoomed in on.

3 Likes

When you want to tap fast but there’s a 15-second pan of the LI you saw on the front cover.

2 Likes

It makes me rage :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sometimes I just wanna gem farm :sob:

Another thing that bugs me is when romance overtakes the (more interesting) plot. Romance and romance-focused drama stories excepted, of course.

2 Likes

I’ve read a few murder mystery stories mostly focused on the relationship between the LI and the MC and I’m just stuck thinking about poor Sally in a ditch waiting for her body to be found while the main characters are frolicking around. lol

4 Likes

Reason why it’s hard for non-romance stories to trend #1254837485345.

2 Likes

I’d be the character that finds her and just leave her there and slowly back up to pretend I didn’t see her

2 Likes

Early access and it short :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes