Past, present, or future?

So I’ve been talking with my mom a lot lately about journaling, and she thought it was nice if I tried Mindful Journaling.

So I plan on starting tomorrow! Now I was flipping through to get a feel of some of the pages, and I stumbled across one that hit me pretty hard:

Now this got me, ah. So I live in a mix of the past, present, and future :joy: Recently a lot more in the present, but occasionally the future. What about you guys? Which one are you most frequently in? What would it take for you to live more in the present?

Tags

@Chocolate_Mama
@estherdekker
@YassineCool
@Ms.Kate
@epsd.ama

6 Likes

This hit me really hard. I’m definitely living really far into the past and slightly in the future. I don’t think I’m in the present but my philosophy is that there is no such thing as present, every millisecond nothing happens at the same time as everything happens. So I think it’s best to live in the past as well as looking for the future.

3 Likes

Wow well, first I like to say glad you are starting to do a journal. I tried once but then stopped because I was kinda lazy… :joy:

But hmm…it is a really good question overall, I feel like I am always set to the future and imagine the what ifs. Maybe since I don’t have much of an exciting life now lol, though I do enjoy it.

To me to get out of the whole daydreaming of what maybe I should probably get out and try some new things.

3 Likes

Oh wait-

Hold-

ohhhhhhhhh

Lolll

4 Likes

Yeah you know anxiety that constant fear that everything will go wrong and end terribly and just people judging y-

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hm, the more I think of it. I am huge daydreaming and to kill the anxiety to my best ability. I guess I imagine me in the future out of this town I live in, starting my next chapter to my life since well, I am like pretty much 13 :joy:.

2 Likes

me having anxiety attacks at the store paying for stuff, sharpening my pencil in class, walking down the hallways, or being called on by a teacher

3 Likes

Relateable

Especially the whole pencil sharpening. People started calling me office depo late since uh… I literally have anything for school in my backpack. Even hole punchers. So I wouldn’t have to go through that awkward moment of getting up when it’s quiet.

And oh boy it looks I rambled :joy:

2 Likes

Wow you’re smart

I don’t like people looking at me because I feel like they’re judging me :cold_face:

3 Likes

Same, or like I have a fear that I’ll trip and embarrass myself.

On a side note that kinda relates to awkward anxiety ness…
Today in physical education I almost tripped while lifting weights. Thank goodness I didn’t but…pheewww it was still embarrassing though.

2 Likes

I know I embarrass myself multiple times on a daily basis without even noticing it until later and I freak out about it for weeks

Like I don’t realize how bad and embarrassing it was until a bit later

4 Likes

I live in present always …
And I am cheerful yay :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: kidding lol ok now serious …

We are so used to worrying about things that have already happened in the past or the fears we have about the future, we fail to live in the present!

This habit is so deep-rooted that it is unconsciously a part of our culture. If you ever pay attention to people talking around you in a coffee shop or a library, you’ll often hear the usual phrases,

“I am swamped with work, I really need a vacation”

“I can’t wait for our project to finish”

“Man, this assignment is really drilling the life out of me”

I am myself a victim of this and have bonded with my classmates over the difficulty of our assignments.

Just to be clear — I am not saying people’s stress is trivial. I am saying, why make your stress the topic of your conversation? Why not speak about something that will make you happy? Why not focus on the fact that you at least have a few minutes to talk to others - so that free time could be put to better use?

Not only will living in the present make you feel better about life, but your productivity will also radically improve. That’s because you’ll allocate all the time you previously used to vent your frustration to actually doing what you’re supposed to do in the present!

Since you’re reading this “in the present”, why don’t you start practising this now? Good luck!

2 Likes

God my past is horrible I don’t like thinking or talking about it and about future …
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.

Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heartbeat::heartbeat::heart::heartbeat::heart::heartbeat::heart::heart::heartbeat::heart::heartbeat::heart::heartbeat::heartbeat::heart::heart::heartbeat::heartbeat::heart:

1 Like

You’re my favorite person ever

so inspirational

2 Likes

giphy%20(3) giphy
:joy::joy::joy::wink::wink::wink::wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heartbeat: and you are also my fav person …I love your humour :shushing_face::shushing_face: :wink::heart::heartbeat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.