Personality Quiz Help

I’m not very good at math, so I am having trouble figuring this out. I have a personality quiz for the reader to do in my story. There are 9 questions with 4 answers in each.
Example Question:
What is your favorite color?
Red
Yellow
Blue
Black
(For each answer they get +1 point for either HUMAN, LUVENDIRI, MARTIAN, or JUPITERIAN.)

At the end of the quiz, I want to tell the reader what outcome they got, but I am having trouble figuring out the outcomes.
Should I have it so that they need to get atleast 6 points for one of those four? But then if I do that what if they get less than 6 points? In that case they wouldn’t belong to any of the outcomes.

Hopefully one of you can help me!

well I would think each answer would go to one group

Yes, I was just having trouble figuring out the calculations so I ended up just deleting it from my story lol

Hmmm that’s difficult to do well on Episode! I’ll ask some people and get back to you! :blush:

2 Likes

Though you’ve already deleted it, currently the main way I can think of is quite long and complicated.

It would be much easier to split the quiz, so there’s only two outcomes. That way, you can compare the number of points the user has and determine the outcome. Then, you could use the remaining two options to define their personality even more.

This would involve:

• Using characters to store character points
  • Comparing the characters

And then repeating, if you decided to do it twice.

2 Likes

Yes it would most certainly be much much easier to do with only two outcomes!

1 Like