Personality Quiz Help!

Hi so I wanted to do a personality test to determine which horse would best fit a character.
I’ve tried for hours to complete it on my own but I can’t get it right if anyone could help that would be great. These are the questions:

Which one of these would you prefer?
choice
“Long walk on the beach.” A
“Listening to music alone.” B
“Hanging out with friends.” C

Which one are you?
"Center of attention "A
“Quiet or reserved” B
“Going with the flow.” C

What do you usually wear?
“Anything bright” A
“Black” B
“Whatever I’m feeling that day.” C

So basically I wanted where if they choose 2 or more of A they would get the white horse
If they chose two or more of B I want them to get a black horse
If they choose two or more of C I want them to get a brown horse
I don’t know if this is needed but If they by chance choose 1 of all three choices they would get a brown horse

Thanks in advance xoxo

Refer to this:

How to remember choices.

Try this:

NARR
Bla bla
choice
“Option cute”{
@CUTE +1
}
“Option mean”{
@MEAN +1
}
“Option extroverted”{
@EXTROVERTED +1
}

You just have to create character with those names and use point system :slight_smile:

To do this it requires quite a few if/ elif/ else along with character points.
I’ve done up the code for you below.
You’ll need to create 4 characters and name each one what I have in bold, below.
Character 1: AWH
Character 2: BBH
Character 3: CBH
Character 4: EACH

AWH stands for (A) White Horse.
BBH stands for (B) Black Horse.
CBH stands for (C) Brown Horse.
EACH stands for when the readers choose 1 of each option.

Just remember if you’d like to replay the quiz in your previewer, to reset the character points first through Story Modifiers.

The explanation is pretty long, feel free to just jump to the one that says Code and copy and paste it into your script after creating those 4 characters.
otherwise, if you’d like to learn and understand the process better, I’ve tried my best to explain further below. :blob_hearts:

Explaining the process behind how to code something like this.

To begin with, you’ll need to write up your questions as you’d regularly do.
Now, since you’d like that if the reader chooses 1 of each option, to get a brown horse; you’ll need to add an if/ elif/ else in every answer on every question.
We need to add the if/ elif/ else so it can allow the script to recognize when the reader hasn’t chosen that option yet.
It should look something like this:

if (CHARACTER > 1) {

} elif (CHARACTER = 1) {

} else {

}

Once that is done, go ahead and change CHARACTER to the correct name of the character you’ll be using. In this case, every answer that gives your readers a point for (A) will get CHARACTER changed into AWH.
The same applies to the others, every answer that gives your readers a point for (B) will get CHARACTER changed into BBH and so on.

Once that is done, you’ll need to start adding the character points to the script.
Starting with the characters AWH, BBH, CBH begin at the very beginning of your first question and add points to your answers inside each of the if/ elif/ else statements.

For example, the first answer to your question “Which one of these would you prefer?” will give your readers an (A) point, so the character AWH is used to add points under this answer and inside each if/ elif/ else.

NARRATOR

choice
Long walks on the beach.”{

if (AWH > 1) {
@AWH +1
} elif (AWH = 1) {
@AWH +1
} else {
@AWH +1
}

Continue to do that for all questions and make sure to add points to the right character under each answer inside the if/ elif/ else.

Once that is done, just go ahead and add the last characters’ points @EACH +1 into the else statement as well, this will allow the script to keep track of whether the reader has chosen one of each point throughout the quiz.

It should look like this:

NARRATOR

choice
Long walks on the beach.”{
if (AWH > 1) {
@AWH +1
} elif (AWH = 1) {
@AWH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@AWH +1

After that is all complete, it’s now time to go onto the last if/ elif/ else statement that will filter the character points your readers have selected and give them the correct scene or in this case, horse.

You’re going to be comparing 4 different character’s points to determine which one has the most.
To do that, each character needs to be compared with another at some point.
We’ll basically be telling the script this,

Yes, Bob has more fruit than Linda but does he have more fruit than Sam? If the answer is yes, then the script will take us to the scene where Bob has the most fruit since he, therefore, has the most amount of fruit out of both of his friends.

To begin, we compare our first character with another.
Like this:

if (CHARACTER1 > CHARACTER2) {

This is saying, if Character1 has more fruit than Character2 then continue on this path otherwise, go somewhere else.

Now that we know that Character1 has more fruit than Character2, we need ask whether Character1 has more fruit than Character3.
Like this:

if (CHARACTER1 > CHARACTER2) {
if (CHARACTER1 > CHARACTER3) {

#

}}

This is all for the first scene, remember to close the two opened brackets and place the scene where Character1 has the most fruit where I’ve placed the #.
Now, to add in a statement where it will recognize when Character2 has the most fruit.
by doing this, you’d need to do the same as above except using an elif and comparing Character2 to Character3 at first.
Like this:

elif (CHARACTER2 > CHARACTER3) {
if (CHARACTER2 > CHARACTER1) {

#.

}}

This is all for the second scene, remember to close the two opened brackets and place the scene where Character2 has the most fruit where I’ve placed the #.

For the scene where Character3 has the most fruit, it will be the same as above, except it will get compared with Character1.
Like this:

elif (CHARACTER3 > CHARACTER1) {
if (CHARACTER3 > CHARACTER2) {

#

}}

This is all for the third scene, remember to close the two opened brackets and place the scene where Character2 has the most fruit where I’ve placed the #.

The last bit for the if/ elif/ else code is added because the script needs to have a scene when the reader has chosen one of each point, which is the character EACH and also our fourth and final character.
The character EACH point has been added throughout the script that it will give our fourth character (EACH) 3 points if the reader chose one answer from each point, aka one (A), one (B), and one (C).
The last bit of code should look like this:

elif (EACH = 3) {

#

}

This is all for the last scene, remember to close the two opened brackets and place the scene where character’s 1, 2, and 3; each has one point where I’ve placed the #.

If there is any confusion, feel free to ask me anything. I’ve tried to explain it the best I could. As well, the code is already done up ready to go below for you. :slight_smile:

Code

NARRATOR

choice
“Long walks on the beach.”{
if (AWH > 1) {
@AWH +1
} elif (AWH = 1) {
@AWH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@AWH +1
}
}“Listening to music alone.”{
if (BBH > 1) {
@BBH +1
} elif (BBH = 1) {
@BBH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@BBH +1
}
}“Hanging out with friends.”{
if (CBH > 1) {
@CBH +1
} elif (CBH = 1) {
@CBH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@CBH +1
}
}

####################################################
NARRATOR
Which one are you?

choice
“Center of attention.”{
if (AWH > 1) {
@AWH +1
} elif (AWH = 1) {
@AWH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@AWH +1
}
}“Quiet or reserved.”{
if (BBH > 1) {
@BBH +1
} elif (BBH = 1) {
@BBH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@BBH +1
}
}“Going with the flow.”{
if (CBH > 1) {
@CBH +1
} elif (CBH = 1) {
@CBH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@CBH +1
}
}

####################################################
NARRATOR
What do you usually wear?

choice
“Anything bright.”{
if (AWH > 1) {
@AWH +1
} elif (AWH = 1) {
@AWH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@AWH +1
}
}“Black.”{
if (BBH > 1) {
@BBH +1
} elif (BBH = 1) {
@BBH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@BBH +1
}
}“Whatever I’m feeling that day.”{
if (CBH > 1) {
@CBH +1
} elif (CBH = 1) {
@CBH +1
} else {
@EACH +1
@CBH +1
}
}

if (AWH > BBH) {
if (AWH > CBH) {

NARRATOR
If the character has more points leading to the white horse aka (A) points, this is the scene they’ll get.

}} elif (BBH > CBH) {
if (BBH > AWH) {

NARRATOR
If the character has more points leading to the black horse aka (B) points, this is the scene they’ll get.

}} elif (CBH > AWH) {
if (CBH > BBH) {

NARRATOR
If the character has more points leading to the brown horse aka (C) points, this is the scene they’ll get.

}} elif (EACH = 3) {

NARRATOR
If the character chooses 1 of each point aka (A, B, C), this is the scene they’ll get.

}

1 Like

You are literally awesome thank you sooooo much! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

And def giving you credit!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m happy I could help. :blue_heart:

1 Like

I have to bother you one last time if you dont mind how would I remember these choices for future chapters?

1 Like

Where you put the scenes in the if/elif/else statement at the bottom in the code I sent in my previous message. Just add a gain in each.

In the scene with the brown horse just put something like:

gain brown_horse

And so on.
When you want to refer back to which horse they got.

Just do a basic if/ elif/ else

If (brown_horse) {

#scene with brown horse goes here.

} elif (black_horse) {

#scene with black horse goes here.

} else {

#scene with white horse goes here.

}

1 Like

You’re no bother. If you ever need help feel free to ask away. :blob_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.