Pet Names You Dislike Hearing (Terms of Endearment)

I hate, hate, hate when an LI calls the MC “sweets” or “babes” or something like that. It makes me cringe so hard. What are yours?

10 Likes
  • Doll (makes me think of Annabelle as well as Dolly Parton)
  • Babydoll (makes me think of babies and dolls)
  • Babygirl (makes me think of the meme where that chick put on a baby mask)
  • Baby (makes me the think of actual babies)
  • Babe (makes me think of the pig)
  • Sweet cheeks (…)
  • Princess/Princessa (wayyyyy overused)
  • Mia Bella (it makes me cringe and I’ve seen someone say that it’s the wrong way round anyways)
  • Firecracker (I didn’t mind it before but I think it’s becoming quite common and losing its edge)
  • [insert any other cliché Italian pet name here]
  • Baby cakes (???)
  • Angel (meh)

I guess I’m immature in my way of thinking when it comes to those pet names, but I honestly just prefer it when LI’s call the MC by their name or a shortened version of their name.

15 Likes

Basically everything @schittwriter mentioned skjska :sob:
I’m not a romantic person, so it just makes me cringe reading those pet names. I would much rather see the MC and LI call each other nicknames from their actual name! For example Liv instead of Olivia.

6 Likes

I hate when they call each other babe, baby, love, princess, doll face and doll.

One of the sweetest ones that Ive ever heard was My Butterfly from Lucy Easton’s Fallen Angels

5 Likes

I hate when male LI’s call the female mc “babe” or “baby” because it sounds to me like he’s referring to her as a little kid. :flushed:

And names like “My flower” or “butterfly” or names like that are just overly corny. And childish… in a way? :thinking:

But that’s just my opinion :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Pumpkin, pudding, muffin, or any food related things :sob: I hate those type of nicknames in general though especially when “my” is added before it, I’d rather it be a shortened version of the name or just a stupid one like “hammer” or something.

7 Likes

“heWo mY cuDdle mUffiN” :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

10 Likes

Sweet pea
:nauseated_face:

It’s really cringey, I mean I like peas but just frozen and out of the freezer from the fridge.

7 Likes

plsss you put every name i already thought of :skull: , I hate those names so much they’re so cringey.

6 Likes

i only like nicknames if its between friends. like the muffin one you put, in my story only the MC’s friend calls her that, i feel like muffin is cute but only between friends if its between 2 ppl in a relationship it makes me wanna gag :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

“Honey”

Yes, it can be sort of sweet sometimes but I just don’t like it for some reason. :sob:

4 Likes

So I’m going to be your barbie doll now :cowboy_hat_face:
Nah, I rather be a heron than be a cheap rip off barbie doll.

6 Likes

It makes you think of Barbie, but it makes me think of Annabelle. :skull:

4 Likes

Really, well I looked up a picture of her and it didn’t really scare me.

1 Like

The movies are more effective than a picture, but nonetheless — “Doll” doesn’t bring anything good to mind romantic wise.

4 Likes

Ok

1 Like

Don’t know what’s up with bad boy stories and their nicknames mostly like somewhat…sugary i guess? Like sugar, babycakes, sweet cheeks, sugar pie, honey, muffin, sweet pea etc etc! I’m literally tired of hearing such names lmfao

5 Likes

I am using princess Way to much, but to be Fair she is a princess.

7 Likes

That’s understandable, but I’ve seen it used in soooo many non-Princess/non-royalty stories just for the sake of it.

I don’t mind it being applied to little kids though.

5 Likes

The term “Daddy”…enough said.

7 Likes