Pet Names You Dislike Hearing (Terms of Endearment)

• Daddy being used for a romantic partner/someone attractive. Just… NO. Daddy should only be used for your father!
  • Cutie patootie :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:
  • Honey / hun
  • Chickadee
  • Snacc … like WHY?
  • Sugar
6 Likes

@TheSunflowerQueen
I also don’t like the term “baby girl” since this is something a father or grandfather can call their daughter/granddaughter. I was also scared by that 365 days film so that’s probably another reason why.

5 Likes

Are you lost babygorl? :smirk:

8 Likes

Ah make it stop!

3 Likes

Any pet names tbh :nauseated_face: they make me sick. But I’m willing to tolerate them since a lot of people like using pet names for their partners

5 Likes

Little one :skull:

3 Likes

princessa sends chills down my spine

2 Likes

sweetie and sweet cake for sureeeeeee

2 Likes

Who in their right mind calls their girlfriend “baby cakes”??? :skull: :skull: :skull:
Babygirl is horrible too.
I hate every pet name that has “baby” in it. Don’t call me baby, I’m a grown up woman, ffs.

5 Likes

baby, bae, darling, love

1 Like

But I cringe so hard when MC calls the LI “daddy” or the Spanish version of that “Papi”

6 Likes

OK, I DON’T WANT TO BE BITCHY BUT SOMETIMES AUTHORS USE SPANISH PET NAMES THAT NO ONE USES (AT LEAST NOT IN MY COUNTRY) AND I LAUGH BECAUSE THEY PAINT LATIN PEOPLE AS BEING EXTREMELY PASSIONATE AND ROMANTIC BUT MOST OF US AREN’T THAT WAY KJSAKJAS :skull: :skull:

4 Likes

It is the other way around, but the problem here is that “bella mia” sounds super sarcastic LOL. No partner nor loved one will ever call you this ew :joy:

Perhaps what people mean to say here is “amore mio” (my love), which in Italian sounds okay.

Ig the only pet name I like in English is “honey”, which to me sounds like what an old couple would say to each other :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

“Mi reina”
“MI princesa”
“Mi señorita”

No man tells you those things unless is your father or a creepy uncle :skull:

just kidding, I don’t have good examples of bad pet names but I know they exist

2 Likes

I’m Italian and I felt this :fist:t2:

3 Likes

Not me reading this as pet names like names we call dogs and cats :skull:

But yeah, I totally agree with all that’s been said above. If it isn’t something you would say to your SO or friend (???) etc natually, then I don’t think it’s a good pet name. Variations on Italian/Spanish phrases also make me just cringe.

6 Likes

Princess!?
:nauseated_face:
I rather be a pretty bin bag than a princess!

4 Likes

my sister calls me babygirl :sob: :raised_hand:

It’s cute when she says it though, not in episode stories, and most definitely not between couples.

6 Likes

My dad calls me Babygirl, but it’s not creepy at all, it’s done in an endearing way. I absolutely hate how people s-xualize pet names that are originally supposed to be used by family members :nauseated_face:. That and “Daddy”. I refuse to call anyone i used to call my father as a child that in a s-xual manner. Just gross :sob:

7 Likes

The only time I enjoy a guy calling me a “pet” name is when it’s a nickname that’s part of my full name.

2 Likes