Yes! This is a huge pet peeve of mine. It’s disgusting when people sexualize pet names used between family members.
same, like my name is trinity & one of my friends call me “trin” or my cousin calls me “trini”
Doll and Princess make me uncomfortable. That’s something you’d call a child, not a partner.
Ngl I don’t mind ‘baby’ as my whole family kinda grew up calling each other’s partners that
But I DISLIKE VERY HIGHLY AND STRONGLY:
- “Mama””Daddy” like those are for your parents wtf??(don’t even get me started on papi
- Honey (idk they both sound too formal and weird like that’s what a teacher says lol)
- sweetie, sugar pie, anything food related
- Doll, sweetheart, snookums(tf??), my little bear (??)
- mi princesa and ANY other Spanish/Italian ones bc why you changing up your language all of a sudden— u think you’re cool?
Oh, and mamacita!!
I hate that one so much!
Ugh, honey… a lot of teachers use ‘honey’ and ‘corazón’ (heart) to address their students, but I’m a teacher and I don’t use that. I just call the kids by their names.
I hate these two as well!
And I seriously dislike…
Um, WHY would you call someone that as a pet name?? Smelling bad is not cute nor endearing!