Pet Names You Dislike Hearing (Terms of Endearment)

Yes! This is a huge pet peeve of mine. It’s disgusting when people sexualize pet names used between family members.

2 Likes

same, like my name is trinity & one of my friends call me “trin” or my cousin calls me “trini”

2 Likes

Doll and Princess make me uncomfortable. That’s something you’d call a child, not a partner.

3 Likes

Ngl I don’t mind ‘baby’ as my whole family kinda grew up calling each other’s partners that :joy:
But I DISLIKE VERY HIGHLY AND STRONGLY:

• “Mama”:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:”Daddy”:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: like those are for your parents wtf??(don’t even get me started on papi :face_vomiting::face_with_head_bandage:
  • Darling
  • Honey (idk they both sound too formal and weird like that’s what a teacher says lol)
  • sweetie, sugar pie, anything food related
  • Doll, sweetheart, snookums(tf??), my little bear (??)
  • mi princesa and ANY other Spanish/Italian ones bc why you changing up your language all of a sudden— u think you’re cool?:joy:
1 Like

Oh, and mamacita!!
I hate that one so much!

Ugh, honey… a lot of teachers use ‘honey’ and ‘corazón’ (heart) to address their students, but I’m a teacher and I don’t use that. I just call the kids by their names.

:nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:
I hate these two as well!

And I seriously dislike…
‘Little stinker’
Um, WHY would you call someone that as a pet name?? Smelling bad is not cute nor endearing!

1 Like