[PETITION] Forums is closing this month

I agree with the vast majority of what you said, but I think it’s important to point out that the above isn’t accurate. The only nations that ban Discord are China, the UAE, North Korea, Iran, and Oman. Egypt used to, but recently reversed that decision for the most part (it is stilled banned in some major cities). All of these countries employ draconian laws and human rights abuses to suppress free speech and heavily censor what their people have access to. The only safety concerns these governments have about Discord is their own safety should people use it to communicate, organize, and rise up against their oppressors. There certainly are security issues with Discord (scraping of data, data privacy, etc.), but that’s not why it’s banned in those countries.

5 Likes

Isn’t it still kind of odd, to - without any warning or notification - come back to your comment being deleted, it’s as if you never even posted it…

1 Like

Aw, it’s a shame the forums are closing. I made many of my closest friends here along with all the memories. :sleepy:

4 Likes

Unfortunately at the end of the day those countries (and city’s) that discord is banned in will be losing their sorce for information. Whether it’s needing advice or just wanting to see the new art release. It is fine for them to also use discord but to completely erase forums is just ridiculous, it will definitely be impacting a lot of people with and without access to discord :woozy_face: I personally have used discord for years and my experiences have been good (Mostly) data wise. it just feels more awkward with such a dramatic switch to a app that has a completely different layout and it not having features forums has. :pensive: Discord did get extremely bad in 2022 - 2023. But has come a long way!

5 Likes

Totally right. They can remove images and certain words, unfortunately bots (The most common and used ones that I know of) cant detect the images so whoever removed what that person posted was a human moderator. Unfortunately the bots on the other hand arent always efficient (depeding on the mod bot) bypassed words cant be detected unless either the co-owner or owner and a few other roles go into the bots settings and manually types out the bypassed version of certain words. It gets really complicated. You were 100% right about the audit log. Every action used (Ban, kick, timeouts etc) are instantly in the audit log even ones done by bots. The staff chat probably does exist and, as you said be used to store that same info.

4 Likes

Bumping so the petition continues being seen :saluting_face:

3 Likes

I’ve worked it out, Discord search only searches on the main posts title… or click a Tag…
I’m not sure how that’ll be helpful, usually you search for something in the post.

5 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t decide to close the forums early due to all the discourse. Seems like something they would do.

7 Likes

Don’t give them that idea! :sweat_smile: :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’m quite surprised too, though.
“Hey team, we’ve angered hundreds of people over the decision to shut down Forums on the 28th. Let’s close them even earlier! :smiling_imp:

Tbf to the mods in the server, they’ve been great, albeit not answering certain questions clear enough. :grimacing:

4 Likes

This Discord thingy is ridiculous. I’m not too fond of Discord, it’s too messy. I prefer the Forums honestly. I’m going to sign the petition :))

10 Likes

Can we talk about how DEAD the discord server has been !!! I don’t see Discord going anywhere tbh :sob::sob::sob: I want the forums to stay!! I feel like people are actually on here :sob:

10 Likes

its actually so dead its sad to look at

8 Likes

Ikr, I’m pretty sure they’re looking at the member count though, because that number keeps rising; but you’re right, literally every time I check discord, there’s really nothing new😅 I would like to add that the consistent people who are posting are what’s kind of keeping it alive at this point; even though no one’s talking about forums anymore, we can still feel the difference between the depth of conversations.

4 Likes

Wait until someone pings the entire server :joy: CHAOOOOSSS

I mentioned above in this sea of comments that I’m actually seeing more activity here! I guess they’re just looking at the number of members. :thinking:

5 Likes

I mean it makes sense. There’s like 1500 members, however the daily average of active members is like 100-150. I think the numbers aren’t blowing up because of how the app is ran, but they’re mostly betting on more and more new people using the app, making them stories, and spreading the word.

2 Likes

So glad I muted the server!! I had already been pinged a few times in 1 hour😭

2 Likes

Make sure to share it as well! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Isn’t Discord filled with spyware and malware? It’s easier for hackers to hack into that website compared to the forums. Whoever decided “Yes! Discord is the website we need to shut down the Forums for” should seriously rethink that decision.

8 Likes

I just checked, and they do still have it…

I just think it’s weird that they shut down that role playing thread without warning(similarly to this situation), yet the genre for both versions of the game is LITERALLY role playing😕

4 Likes

Thisss! Don’t even get me started. I’ve always wondered how in the world this app is pg-13, yet, there’s so many implications that most of these stories are not. “Mafia bride”? “Beauty and the mafia”, “Unexpectedly Expecting”? Yeah, that’s totally suitable for 13 year olds. Lingerie, alcohol bottles, guns, grinding, and twerking is totally suitable for 13 year olds. They should make characters that look 13 if they want stories catered to them, but wait, that’s not why they make it pg-13, now is it? They haven’t made plus size males yet because they’re so concerned with their hot, sexy, toned abs characters. I get it, romance is their top genre, but let’s be so fr here, not a single other genre is advertised on their app, except the community stories, and even then they’re pretty streamlined to that romance audience.

10 Likes