PETITION: More Ink!

I completely agree! Please can they do this

I agree 100%

I support

I support. Even classic got updated around the time LL came out. So I really hope they update ink for at least 2 more years. It’s only fair :nail_care:t5::triumph:

3 Likes

@Liz confirmed that they will not

1 Like

supporttt!!! before they drop ink like they did with classic, they should just drop a super big batch of items and animations. it would make me sooo happy so i could continue writing ink for at least the next few years!

7 Likes

Can you tag me in it?

I like ink more than ll but they need to focus on devolving ll.

1 Like

Thank you!

I think limelight is a huge step for episode and they developed it so nicely in just a year! The animations are really nice and they look realistic. Maybe in the future, we can make movie-like animated shorts through episode portals. It’s improving so much. Ink is more cartoonish and the character customization skin, eyes etc. Are really… Um… unreal and no so diverse.

I mean… how many of you prefer realistic limelight over cartoon ink?

• Realistic limelight
  • Cartoon ink

0 voters

I 100% agree to this! I may not like limelight but I really like their clothing options so it would be great also if some of the limelight clothing would be added to ink

Better to be cartoon-y and avoid the Uncanny Valley than be “realistic” and dive straight into the Valley.

7 Likes

Yes! more INK stile will be great! I am for limelight and ink, but it would be 10 times better :grinning: :kissing_heart:

Support!

It works better for certain stories imo. Especially darker genres. I love Classic and it’s my favorite so it kind of hurts when you say that lol.

1 Like

I was thinking about the anime example! Anime genga/douga are all hand drawn the way they were before. Sure, shiage is not done by painting cells anymore, satsuei is done differently now, etc, but the fundamentals of the anime style have been kept the same. It is still flourishing.

@jaylen_dwight The technology used for making Japanese animation has changed, yet the art style was kept the same. @ShanniiWrites was trying to explain that.

Episode could have done something similar. They could have kept the fundamentals of their art style the same as they shifted styles.

Yes, I am still very much salty over the fact that not many appreciate Classic anymore lol.

4 Likes

Exactly! A whole new art style isn’t needed just for the sake of moving with the times. Art styles are, in and of themselves, pretty timeless. It’s how these styles are applied to coding and animation that changes, and becomes easier (hopefully).

Personally I think making an Episode art style more realistic is counterproductive. Episode is never going to be realistic unless it stops giving us the options to make our own stories and focuses specifically on creating realistic stories.

The more realistic you make an art style, the more obvious and jarring the unrealistic parts will inevitably become. For example, with 2D animation, you can get away with keeping the same frame (picture) over a few seconds and nothing looks wrong or off. If you try that with 3D (particularly Pixar) animation, it will look like the screen has frozen.

10 Likes

I agree, making a more realistic style is counterproductive. The unrealistic parts would stand out and it’d look a bit horrible. In anime, keeping certain frames for a longer period of time is what can make it beautiful. The beauty of 2D animation is exactly that! You can pause longer at a certain part to make the scene more emotional. If the same were to be applied to Pixar, it’d be a fail imo.

4 Likes

Definitely! I feel like Episode cops out when it comes to the actual art of its stories. Making an art style more realistic is actually just a safe bet. It’s a LOT harder and more impressive to create a style which is unique and fun whilst still conveying the idea of people being there. It takes a lot more creativity to make unrealistic people than just to copy how humans look, but it has so much more pay off!

3 Likes

Same, Girl, SAME.

CLASSIC FO LIFE

5 Likes