Phone overlay connection

I’m so pissed rn.

I tried using the phone overlay and record a scene using it, but I gave the reader a choice so it looks like.

Ext. URBAN STREET- DAY WITH SELFIE MALE 6

if (jdhduu)

Then do this

Elif (hfjdj)

Then do that

Please tell me you can put a choice using the overlay? There were no errors but its Kangarooing to the next Background scene.

I don’t want to delete it. I want it to use choices. Because it’s like a camera scene.

I also did this while matching the characters skin tone overlays. Please Help!

try putting the background into the “if” i’m not sure if this will work but this is how i did it before

instead of doing this:

if (jdhduu)

Then do this

Elif (hfjdj)

Then do that

try doing this:

if (jdhduu)

continue here

Elif (hfjdj)

continue here

But using character customization. I used a choice to pick you skin color to match the phone display of the thumb. Then I put come after.

Ig, I have to cut the if choice out.

Like saying, If you choose (skin color) it goes to the scenes then I put another if for another choice.

like this?

if (peach) {

Ext. URBAN STREET- DAY WITH PEACH PHONE OVERLAY

}
if (mocha) {

Ext. URBAN STREET- DAY WITH MOCHA PHONE OVERLAY

}
if (olive) {

Ext. URBAN STREET- DAY WITH OLIVE PHONE OVERLAY

}
if (dark) {

Ext. URBAN STREET- DAY WITH DARK PHONE OVERLAY

}

Yes, now after using the overlay.

if ( choosing to shoot)

@You shoots

Suppose to look like (Camera/Recording scene)

Elif (choose to run)

She runs

Basically, but it slips over the next if and elif

okay this might be a little confusing lmao but basically you can use labels for this,

so if they choose peach skin, let’s say, put

goto peachskin

somewhere in your script, write

label peachskin

then write your script with peach skin here. since it’s not inside brackets you should be able to do choices and things like that inside. i hope this makes sense?

Okay, be right back I’m some hours :cry::cry:

I just realized I can’t because I put the choice to choose in the beginning of the chapter and then regular storyline AND THEN I when the scene would appear I used the overlay…but thank you :sneezing_face:

you can still do that, when given the choice and they choose a color put

gain skincolor

continue with your storyline without this gan, leave it alone. then, after your normal storyline is done, put

if (skincolor) {

goto storyline1

}

label storyline1

it’s kinda hard to explain but i hope you get the idea. you can put your own spins into the script whichever way you would like, as long as it works.

I tried the overlay isn’t working all together. Even though its a dang overlay. I used the choice then the storyline so when the scene popped up the overlay would come through, but I put the scene the it stopped working. It’s a overlay…why is it skipping?

can you send me your script (the part where the overlay is in use)?

I did it! ( I changed it so much I really can’t) I took the if choices off, so it doesn’t play the choices, but if I cut the choice scene

If(she cries)

And go straight to

Cut to zone 2 it works!!! :ok_woman::ok_woman::ok_woman::ok_woman::ok_woman:

Maybe if I put the if after the cut to done it’ll work

Thank you for your help! I finally got it!