Placement Error

Hi there. So when im placing my characters, some of them aren’t on the spot i placed them on. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Can you show your script?

1 Like

You probably didn’t add in the spot direction in your code.
For example:
@CHARACTER enters from left to spot 1.119 185 141
@CHARACTER spot 1.119 185 141

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Here is my script:

&CHARACTER walks to spot -0.601 198 685 in zone 3 in 0.5 and CHARACTER faces right then CHARACTER spot 0.560 239 297 in zone 3 and CHARACTER is fall and CHARACTER faces left

This is the correct spot direction in my script. But when I got to preview, it automatically changes to the Character’s position to “spot -0.601 239 297 in zone 3” when she falls.

&CHARACTER walks to spot -0.601 198 685 in zone 3 in 0.5 and CHARACTER faces right then CHARACTER spot -0.601 239 297 in zone 3 and CHARACTER is fall and CHARACTER faces left

And, this has been happening often lately in a lot of my scenes. I’ll write the correct spot direction in my script using the spot helper, but then everything changes when I go to preview. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

There’s a glitch with the spots when previewing; it’s been happening to a lot of authors lately. Tory said they’re already looking into it, but you should still submit a ticket.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll submit a ticket now,

Have you got an @ further down in your script? Cause just using & all the time can cause some weird stuff to happen.

I do. It’s still giving me an error. And after previewing another scene, I noticed a similar glitch somewhere else without using the & command. I submitted a ticket and that was absolutely no help. It seems to be a glitch.

Yk these glitches doesn’t appear if you review the scene on the episode app on your phone.

I’ve noticed it doesn’t appear in most areas, but not all. There was one scene that still showed up incorrectly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.