Places in the World

Welcome , this thread was created to get some info about the different countries. Share what your country/area/nation etc is like.
If you’d like people to visit there ? Just share the good things about your native land or home land.

Central America
Belize

A tiny nation paradise, with sandy beaches and tropical vegetation galor. Located in Central America bordered by the Caribbean Sea, we have beautiful waters to explore. History is all around, a very rich one indeed. Saying Central America, someone would say a spanish speaking country, but no officially its English, we are a diversed nation. That’s all for now.

!!! Thank You All !!!

3 Likes

Arkansas

The natural state
Home of the 7 crater of diamonds
A place where you most likely walk barefooted. There’s a lot of farm land. Right on the New Madrid Fault line. Southern of the United States of America.

2 Likes

So I am a proud Indian. Our country is famous for the diversity in its culture. I sound like a geography teacher now… We all practise different religions and different languages and there are really so many like a of people here. And we believe that guest is god so we treat our visitors with hospitality and… I love my country! :heart:

2 Likes

I’m not an Emirati, I’m actually Indonesian but I’ve lived in the UAE, more specifically Dubai, for around 11 years.

First things first, Dubai is filled with tourist attractions. It’s honestly really beautiful, though if you were to go somewhere outdoors, you’re guaranteed to melt the first minute. I’ve built a certain tolerance towards the heat but it’s still hot as hell.

They constantly build new things, like theme parks, malls and such so there won’t really be a time when you get bored here, but my usual hang out place is the mall since I live so close to it and I could just walk.

To some people, many would think Dubai is only filled with skyscrapers, but really that’s just to hide the fact that we also have amazing gardens and parks. They’re well-kept, and there’s a lot of greenery there. You could go cycling, roller blading- or even have a picnic.

I’d like to argue that there is a lot of traffic, but there’s always the metro which is super easy to get by. But I have to say that the stuff here is expensive…

2 Likes

l AM FROM HAWAII

AND I LOVE IT

1 Like

I am from Dublin in Ireland
Home of the spicebag if anyone knows what that is

1 Like

I am from India :india:

And the special thing about my country is the diversity and colorful culture. There is so much of diversity here – yet we still live together united.
We treat guests very specially! We also follow the thought - Service Before Self.
Bollywood is one of the popular things here. One thing which many people have talked about is how Bollywood movies doesn’t focus upon Sci-Fi movies that much. Its because there are already so many issues in India that need to be addressed so the movies mainly focus upon these issues so that people could be made aware.
Our country is also special for its medical hospitality and institutes. Where it takes nearly months to get appointments in other countries, it only takes a day or two to get medical appointments here.

1 Like

I am from Serbia :serbia:

Serbia is a really small country in Europe, but I still love it dearly.

Serbia is the largest exporter of raspberry in the world – almost 95% of raspberries sold in the world originate from Serbia.

Roman emperors were born on the land which is today Serbia .

The only Serbian word that is accepted and used across the world is “vampire”.

The Serbian clock-making industry is even older than the world-famous Swiss one. The Serbs had their own clock 600 years before the Swiss did.

Belgrade is one of the oldest cities in Europe, with excavations confirming that the settlements continuously existed here for at least 7000 years. Not far from Belgrade center, at the outskirts of the city, one can find remnants of two of the most prominent cultures in Bronze Age – Vinča and Starčevo cultures. These cities were pioneers in trade throughout Europe and Middle East, and their potential was in trade with vulcanic glass – obsidian.

It took Serbian army only 18 days to breach the Thessaloniki front in 1918. French, Greek, Italian and British army – although outnumbering Serbian army – didn’t manage to do it in months. The breach of Thessaloniki front meant a complete disaster of Austro-Hungaria and Bulgaria. French general and supreme commander of the Allied armies on Thessaloniki front was overwhelmed with Serbian courage that he declared if he had had such men in other Allied armies – the war wouldn’t even have broken loose. It has been recorded that Serbian army liberated their homeland so quickly that the allied armies weren’t able to distribute supplies to them so fast.

Serbian language was one of the four official languages in Ottoman Empire. Not only this, but Serbia gave several notable Great Veziers and dozens of generals to the Ottomans. On the other hand, Serbian dukes in Austria and Russia were known as the greatest enemies of Ottoman Empire. Thanks to this, it was quite usual to have battles between two Serbian generals on different sides.

Serbs gave to the world some of the most respecting scientists ever: Nikola Tesla a wonder-man whose ingenious inventions are still being ahead of time; Mihajlo Pupin, physicist and chemist whose ideas on telecommunications are still breathtaking; Milutin Milankovic, mathematician, astronomer, climatologist, geophysicist, civil engineer whose climatological researches spread all over the solar system and inventor of the most accurate calendar with declination of only 2,75 seconds per astronomical year…

It is not only our proverb – according to the international polls, Serbs are statistically the most hospitable nation in the world. This custom is highly implemented in our legacy, and can be traced to the ancient Slavic belief that the host wouldn’t gain any favor of gods if he didn’t show hospitality to a guest.

So those were some fun facts about Serbia.
Hope you enjoyed! :smile:

1 Like