Placing & Animating Overlays

The “create text” command is already the overlay create command so you don’t need to add that “overlay OL create” command. Delete that line.

With overlay text effects, the script doesn’t like it when the overlay name has special characters in it, like the period in INT., so just use a different overlay name.

Also, don’t use “create from” with overlay texts. This is only for duplicating overlays. With text overlays, just use any other overlay name. It doesn’t even have to be a real overlay, you can make up a name for overlay texts.

1 Like

How do I get this overlay to loop down to up infinite times?
I rotated it for zone 1 size so it looks better (more like character is looking up at the ceiling as they are being wheeled down a corridor)

1 Like

@Dara.Amarie could you help? :thinking: :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! I fix now! Thats make clear. :slight_smile:

EXT. BLUE - DAY
&overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING create and overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING opacity 1 in 0 and overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING shifts to 0 0 in 0 and overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING scales to 1 1 in 0
@overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 create from HOSPITAL_CEILING and overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 opacity 1 in 0 and overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 shifts to 0 -568 in 0 and overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 scales to 1 1 in 0
&overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING shifts to 0 568 in 2.5 then overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING shifts to 0 -568 in 0 then overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING shifts to 0 0 in 2.5 then overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop infinite times
&overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 shifts to 0 0 in 2.5 then overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 then overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 shifts to 0 568 in 2.5 then overlay HOSPITAL_CEILING_2 shifts to 0 -568 in 0 loop infinite times

1 Like

Hi guys so i’m trying this overlay thing but it won’t show up in the area that I’m zoomed in on (bullets in a shooting range) can anyone maybe help?
@Dara.Amarie

Can anyone advice where I’m going wrong please :thinking:
The 1st create from overlay seems to have worked, but the other 3 haven’t and I don’t get why :confused:

I think it is because u are using the ‘&’ that didn’t work for me either

Just tried, still saying there’s an error :confused:

That’s weird :frowning:

You forgot the word “overlay” in front of the overlay name for the layer command

1 Like

Hi Dara,

I remember the overlay to clear like for example:
@clearall overlay
@overlay Name clear

So How to I clear of @ui overlay?
@ui overlay clear
or
@clearall ui?

Yep just like that

1 Like