Placing characters behind other characters and so forth

Hey guys! So, I was writing the code for my story and when I was using Spot helper I put all my characters in the place I wanted them to be. When I previewed it again my characters weren’t in their place from the beggining, they just appeared out of nowhere, stood in the air for a second and then went to their place.
So, after this I messed around with the code to see if I could place them properly, I couldn’t and now my characters were on top of each other.

To try to simplify things a little bit, I’m doing a car scene where I have the two central characters of the scene in the drivers seat and the background character in the middle of the backseat. As I messed around with the code the background character got on top of the two other characters whereas before it was behind them. Here’s my code

INT. CAR SEAT NIGHT
@VALERIE stands screen center
@VALERIE is idle_sit_leanback_unimpressed_loop
@VALERIE spot 1.100 142 42
@MOM stands screen left
@MOM spot 1.964 53 -273
@MOM is idle_sit_neutral_loop
@MOM faces left
@DAD stands screen right
@DAD spot 2.135 272 -286
@DAD is idle_sit_neutral_loop

And here’s a picture of how it looks like now

Use layers (:

How do I do that exactly, if you don’t mind me asking lol?

Here!

1 Like

Thank you! And can you help on having the characters in the position I want them right as I change the scene? Because they just hang in the air for a few seconds and then go to the position I want them to be in.

2 Likes

@DAD moves to layer 4 AND MOM moves to layer 2 AND VALERIE moves to layer 0

Note: The layers are 2 layers apart just in case!

2 Likes

Try this:

&VALERIE spot 1.100 142 42 AND VALERIE is idle_sit_leanback_unimpressed_loop AND VALERIE faces right AND VALERIE moves to layer 0 AND MOM spot 1.964 53 -273 AND MOM is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND MOM faces left AND MOM moves to layer 1 AND DAD spot 2.135 272 -286 AND DAD is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND DAD faces right AND DAD moves to layer 2

2 Likes

Exactly what she said @Loveless but, you need to capitalize the names.

2 Likes

Thank you both @Jenaco and @Danielle318! I will try it :slight_smile: Should I capitalize the AND too?

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Of course! It’s not a problem!

1 Like

No problem (:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.