Plane tickets prices

So I was just for fun looking over the plane ticket price and found something kinda crazy

the average place ticket price in the US is 375 dollars. in Europa an expensive plane ticket is 34 dollars.

No wonder Americans dont travel that much

I asked my mom what she thinks the average plane ticket in Europa cost. she said 300 Danish crowns. that is around 25 dollars

3 Likes

Here it really depends on where you are going, I live in the UK, you can get a flight from where I live to London (about an hours flight) for about £10-15 pounds if you find a good deal, while a plane ticket to Turkey or some other further away place can be hundreds, really depends on where you are going and the deals you can find

2 Likes

Since I live in Europe, I don’t know about USA but on Aegean Airlines, if you like buy tickets months before travelling you can even travel with 20 euros, and not only in my country, sonstimes you can travel hella cheap on other countries as well!

1 Like

Yeah but I just check a plane ticket from new york to Boston is 127 dollars and that is a cheap one. meanwhile. I can come from Denmark to Italy for the same price

2 Likes

It does seem like America has a lot higher prices, but I read a thing that said only like 40% (don’t quote me on that number, I don’t remember the exact one but it was low) of Americans have passports while on average about 80% of people from other countries do.

1 Like

Yeah we do. I have been to many countries and so has most people I know personally I think its a pretty good thing to leave your own country it gives you a better world perspective

I’ve been out of the UK about… 6 or 7 times in my life? Not always pleasant but usually very interesting

2 Likes

I don’t travel bc I’m scared of planes. After watching Final Destination the one when they were on the plane… HECK NO

I hate flying, but I like being on holiday, so I just suck it up, I could go on a ferry but I hate boats even more than I hate planes haha

I hate boats, planes, trains. I hate lots of transportation :joy:

2 Likes

My uncle is scared of planes too. even though you are in more danger walking down the street

1 Like

Tbh the only form of transportation I don’t hate is cars. I hate planes, trains, boats, buses and taxis (yes ik taxis are technically cars but I hate the idea of a stranger driving me)

1 Like

Nawwww. Idc about what statistics or anyone says. If I were meant to fly, I would’ve been born with wings :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

I hate cars. I get driveing sick.

1 Like

I just hate how lightheaded it makes me feel because of the air pressure

1 Like

don’t forget the 25 dollar bag of chips

1 Like

We don’t even get offered any food or snacks unless it’s a long haul flight.

Our country is nearly the size of Europe, and there is a lot to see within its borders.
International travel is expensive. Now, some peeps say that it’s cheap of you do it right, but the true cost for many people is how time consuming it is.
If you aren’t a student with a little money or retired, you might simply not be able to take a week to go leave the country, let alone North America.

For similar reasons so many of us only know English too. There’s just no or very little need in most of the country to know anything else.

Twenty dollar airline ticket sounds crazy cheap though. Flying from Amsterdam to Gdańsk on KLM airlines cost over a hundred for me, if I remember correctly.
Might depend on the airline.

1 Like

the dont know languages dosent count most countries can some english.

Oh, I meant in general rather than for travel reasons, as when Europeans talk about Americans not travelling internationally, usually the language thing is a topic not far behind.