As the title suggests, I just need some help with decisions because I’m not a decisive person. I’ve developed the most of the main characters, but so far have spent most my time on world building and the plot. Anyway, the problem with spending so much time on the plot is that I now have a lot of major story lines planned that are all linked and overlapping each other, as well as more episodic-style short stories that are normally linked one of the main characters’ backgrounds, but also relate to the main plotlines, and I have no idea how to set it up.
So far I was thinking of switching between each of the MC’s povs, one pov for each background short story (a basic episode) and the more generic episode with all of the main cast equally related will show all of their povs.
If it’s got a ‘*’ it was what I was planning on doing.
Which style? Please remember, this is a medieval fantasy.
- Classic? The answer is no.
And now, rapid fire polls
- Point-based battle scenes.
- Hit points and damage based battle scenes.
- Choice-based battle scenes
- No battle scenes ):
- Timed choices.
- No customization*
- Limited customization
- One ending.
- Multiple endings for each character*
- Relationship points (within the group only)
- Relationship points (outside of the group only)*
- Group general reputation points
- Group reputation points separated*
- No reputation points
- A (1) romantic relationship within the group, a few of the others may find love elsewhere.*
- Only romance with a few characters outside the group.
- All the characters have a romance with someone, in the group or otherwise, but it’s all optional.
- A few have a romantic route.*
- No romance.
- Tappables (*?)
All the pov’s, or limit it a little?
- All the main cast (7/8) and the other characters that join the party for short amounts of time and are relevant to the shorter stories.*
- Just the (7/8) of the main cast.*
- Just one.
If you chose just one, who?
- Eildvyn ‘Vyn’ (male, elf. Here for the jokes and singing. Running away from responsibility. At one point notes I wrote ‘probably singing the medieval equivalent of all star’, and that pretty much sums him up.)
- Alexander (male, human. Grumpy d*ckhead, Also the prince, struggling to come to terms with the fact that his dad is an awful king. Looking for his older brother.)
- Edda (female, goblin. A kleptomaniac prankster. Uses a lot of fire magic, cannot control it. She really likes burning things (and people). Egan’s sister)
- Egan (No matter how many votes he gets, I’m not writing the whole thing from his pov. He’s a headache. He’s just a feral idiot who like to hit things.)
- James (male, human. Arrogant as hell. Completely incompetent. Alex’s half-brother, bastard of the king.)
- Maude (female, human(ish). Drunkard pirate. Can see the past, but thinks it’s completely useless. Pretty fun, worries Welde a lot.)
- Welde (female, human(ish). Maude’s older sister. Sees the future in her dreams, but it can change. She also hates seeing the future as it stresses her out so much, so she just doesn’t sleep. Is stressed out all the time anyway.)
Obviously, they are more developed than that. I just can’t say too much, spoilers and all that.
I know it’s an ambitious idea, but I reckon I can manage it if I allow myself enough time; about 30 years should suffice. And don’t give up. I may or may not give up. Here’s to hoping.