Please give me feedback on my new cover :D

Hi, so I did a new cover for my story I have draw the whole character but then realizing how small you actually do see the cover in-app changed my mind and made it only upper half body.

i tried to keep it simple but dunno if it is not too simple??
But the truth is I also a bit suck at composition…

Clue_Secret_of_the_necklace

Its a fantasy story where role do play also fallen angels, there is talking book and also some love interest… … but the cover doesn’t imply it - do you think it is a problem? (neither did the previous one in most cases) I made big effort to draw this so it would be sad if it would not be attractive for readers but I still can draw something to it - so any suggestion if you think it needs improvement are welcomed (um just don’t tell me to draw better because that is the only thing I cant :slight_smile: )

This is the full character in case you will have some ideas for using it fully (ignore the unfinished shadow and boots)

This is the old cover to compare.

Clue_Secret_of_the_necklace_ov_posterThumb_s6slNBo1US

7 Likes

I actually love it! The first two kinda look like CGI (which isn’t a bad thing). It looks pretty cool.

1 Like

I liked the new one too it’s definitely not too simple :heart: :heart:

1 Like

umm.english is not my native language …what is CGI?

1 Like

It stands for computer generated imagery. Basically an image created by a computer. It looks very 3D usually.

1 Like

Ah yeah I get it thank you. :slight_smile: LOL no its drawin in photoshop (except the background). I just had photoreference for the pose.

2 Likes

Woah! Tbh i love the 1st color, but the new one looks nice too!

1 Like

I was also thinking about darker backgroung - maybe she and the title would stepp more out… will definitly try it…
I just kept it golden because she finds out she is golden angel but its actually not important to keep it in this color for me.

I think the cover is pretty cool! (I really enjoy reading your story, btw :blush:.)

1 Like

awww. :slight_smile: Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

I have no idea what looks better. :slight_smile:

red -version
blue simple

1 Like

The red for sure! :heart_eyes::clap:

1 Like

I agree definitely the red :grin:

1 Like